Salesforce AdminPosted: 3 months ago
Job Title: Salesforce Admin
Duration: 6 months Contract to Hire
Location: Reston VA
The System Administrator – Salesforce.com will be responsible for administration of clients Salesforce.com environment. The candidate will provide day to day support of the Salesforce.com application and support other CRM initiatives as needed. This position requires excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills to support the broad span users. The candidate will provide Tier 2 application support, develop functional and technical documentation and administer the complex Salesforce configuration. The candidate will also perform testing and other quality assurance work. The candidate must work effectively across IT, business and vendor organizations to ensure application functionality meets the end user needs. This position requires the ability to function successfully in both team and independent work environments.
Working within the Information Technology division and across key business units, the Salesforce.com Administrator will analyze procedures, and design and implement high quality solutions and attain process automation. The System Administrator – Salesforce.com will follow a set of standards and processes which establish consistency across the enterprise, reduce risk, and promote efficiencies in support of the organization's goals and objectives.
The ideal candidate will have developed and implemented Salesforce.com software solutions in support of data quality and end user productivity. The candidate will also possess technical skills and experience in the not for profit or education domain that will help their ability to maintain the Salesforce.com platform.
• Provide day to day Tier 2 end user support (including complex formulas and system maintenance) and assist users to troubleshoot issues and increase their knowledge of Salesforce.com.
• Maintain security user roles and profiles, security settings, access settings etc. (User Profiles, Role Hierarchy, Sharing Rules and Security).
• Perform data imports, fulfill ad hoc data requests, data integrity and manipulation tasks such as merging duplicate records and establishing proper ownership of existing accounts and contacts.
• Successfully create and maintain documentation on application code, use and flow, and training materials.
• Create user and admin documentation and enhance these materials as business needs evolve.
• Maintain a holistic view of all business processes and users in the system to understand cross-functional impacts with regard to configuration, process, workflow and reporting.
• Research changes in upcoming versions of Salesforce.com and other integrated applications; provide recommendations when necessary to enhance efficiency and staff productivity.
• Establish and implement best practices with regards to system maintenance, configuration, development, testing, data integrity, backups, etc.
• Design, document, build and test to Salesforce custom objects, page layouts, workflows, alerts, reports and complex dashboards within Salesforce.
• Run user requirement sessions and document user requirements to address changing business needs.
• Ability to design, code, test, debug, package and deploy quality, scalable and well documented solutions on the Salesforce platform. Review code for future enhancements
• Create APEX triggers to manipulate data.
• Ability to develop integrations between Salesforce and other applications and systems.
• Develop and maintain Visualforce, AppExchanges, Force.com and Customer Community pages and integration to other third party solutions
• Provides technical ownership in primary areas of competence, and task management and product support.
• Perform problem definition, root cause analysis and recommend solutions to application issues.
• Develop and execute test plans/scenarios
• Ability to work independently, taking ownership and responsibility for managing project and day to day tasks.
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
• Minimum 3 years demonstrated experience as a Saleforce.com Administrator, with technical implementation and data to day operations experience.
• Salesforce Admin Certification (Advanced preferred).
• Experience in customizing and configuring COTS applications, including CRM applications.
• Experience with the use of Salesforce APIs (via java, etc.) to integrate Salesforce with other tools.
• Experience with Agile software development and use of Jira Issue and Project tracking software.
• Strong functional and technical documentation skills.
• Ability to rapidly research solutions to operational problems which have never been encountered before.
• Strong problem solving and analytic skills.
• Experience with a variety of development languages (Apex, Visualforce, .NET, Java, Crystal Reports, SQL Server, XML, etc.).
• Understanding of modern software engineering principles, practices, and systems development methodologies.
• Familiar with database analysis, design, and programming with an understanding of related technologies and web services.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments simultaneously and effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
• Ability to quickly understand how long tasks take to accomplish, and to effectively organize and prioritize tasks with the assistance of team members.
• Ability to effectively communicate time and resource constraints.
• Ability to manage heavy workloads and projects, many on a time-sensitive basis, while still maintaining accuracy and strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work with multiple personalities, to be flexible with changing priorities, and to be comfortable working independently and with minimal supervision.
• AWS Certification is a plus.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related subject, plus additional related college courses or professional training and minimum of four years of progressively responsible directly-related experience.