Devops EngineerPosted: 3 months ago
· Evaluate and improve processes around continuous integration and automation.
· The team is not only responsible for release management and deployment, but also troubleshooting and break-fix support for production services.
· Work closely with Software Engineering and IT Global Infrastructure to maintain continuous availability of mission critical systems. Support environmental needs for Software Engineering, QA, Product Management, Support, and others.
· Interface directly with Enterprise Architecture and Software Engineering leadership to architect the most efficient and effective environment.
· Design and manage automation systems, including software deployment, release management, disparate development environments, SDLC management, and product development life cycles.
· Administering and maintaining source control systems, including branching and merging strategies - GIT, SVN, and Shared Artifact Management
· Manage optimization of build automation tools – MS build, Maven, Gradle, Rake, Ivy
· Supervise build and deployment pipeline to ensure proper configuration.
· Document all "stories” through Atlassian tools (JIRA, Bamboo, etc.)
· Experience with both Windows and Linux platforms, including the architecture, design, administration, and management of a distributed systems environment or micro-services based environment.
· Knowledge of Java, Python, Ruby or other open source highly desirable.
· Expertise working in an agile environment (2 week sprints)
· Big Data management and support (CDH5, Hortonworks, MapR, OSS Hadoop)
· Strong experience with scripting languages (Python, Ruby, bash, PowerShell)
· Understanding of the Cloud Server environment a plus, preferably EC2 AWS.
· SQL Server and NoSQL (MongoDB, Hbase, and Cassandra) or other similar high-read / high-write databases to manage big data class sets of application data.
· Distributed Monitoring and Time Series Datastore (Nagios, Sensu, Influx DB, Graphite)
· Experience with Ansible a huge plus.