Sr Capacity AnalystPosted: 1 month ago
Job Title: Capacity Analyst
Location: Chesterfield, VA
Duration: Long term, C2H
Top 3 Skills: Technology Infrastructure Capacity Planning, Management and Reporting
- Minimize the adverse effect on the business of incident and problems caused by capacity related issues in the infrastructure and to proactively prevent the occurrence of such incidents and problems
- Ensure the successful, timely reactive and proactive resolution or initiation of resolution of detected capacity issues, including notification and escalation of high priority issues in infrastructure
- Strong understanding of Server Capacity standards & have clear demarcation on setting capacity recommendations
- Design, Develop and Maintain Periodic Capacity plan Capacity plan includes monitoring, trending, forecasting and assessing new demand
- Create and Present Comprehensive Capacity Reports on various IT Infrastructure aspects of Data Center to Customers.
- Provide trend analysis and present improvement plans specific to performance and capacity of Systems
- Establish Demand assessment/management Process ad-hoc and routine demands. Provide Analysis and cost effective recommendations
- Interface with monitoring tools to ensure required capacity monitoring and tools configuration to get output required for capacity analysis are met.
- Good knowledge in presenting different types of charts using MS Excel.
- Good in Excel formulas such as VLOOKUP, COUNT, IF, MATCH, ISNA, IFERROR, PIVOTING etc.
- Good in Excel SORTING, SUBTOTAL and using 'Variables' in formulas.
- Proactive prevention of issues trend analysis, targeting support action and communication
- Participate in new service offering design reviews; provide input from capacity point of view
- Participate in capacity management process definition, design & maintenance
- Monthly & ad-hoc reporting, capacity related incident review on demand
- Attending performance related issues & provide solutions from the capacity point of view.
- Identifying improvement opportunities and provide recommendations, or refer to business.
- Over all 5 to 8 Years of experience in IT Systems Management with at least 2 Years of experience in Capacity Analysis and Reporting
- Capacity Planning, Performance Analysis & Reporting
- Capacity Analysis using Trend & Forecast (Predictive Analysis) methods
- Good understanding of data center/network environment
- Reporting knowledge using System, Network & Application Monitoring tools
- Good understanding of Server (CPU / MEM / DISK) concepts, SAN Storage Concepts, Database concepts, VMware & Virtualization concepts
- Excellent Skills in Presentation using Word & PowerPoint
- Advanced expertise in using MS Excel
- Good understanding of Server hardware & Functionality
- Server Administration background (Any UNIX Flavor and / or Windows)
- Background of Infrastructure Monitoring Tools Administration & Deployment (ehealth/Nagios/Xymon)
- Networking SNMP concepts and working functionality of network devices such as Routers, Switches & Firewalls.