Business Data AnalystPosted: 6 months ago
The Business Insights and Data Analyst enables commercial decision making by analyzing market, customer, product, revenue, territory and sales execution metrics and providing insights that inform brand planning.
- Interpret business activity data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Support the development, distribution and maintenance of standard set of Brand Performance Reports and Dashboards using appropriate reporting, visualization and data automation tools.
- Perform ad-hoc data investigation & queries to address an immediate business question and report data via cross-tabs, pivot tables, charts, basic statistics, distributions & correlations.
- Automate reports and build interactive dashboards
- Actively participate and influence continuous improvements to Company's Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence solutions with a strong motive for eliminating manual data extraction and processing.
- Initially will work with multiple 3rd party data reporting systems to run reports with the ultimate goal of integrating various data sources into an in-house master data management system.
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, information technology, or related field.
- At least 5 years' experience as a data analyst / business data analyst or relevant role
- Technical Expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong Analytical Skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Expert with Microsoft Excel, SAS, and various business intelligence and analytical tools. Comfortable building complex formulas
- VBA programming is a plus
- Ability to identify useful information in data sets and suggest conclusions that support decision making.
- Excellent collaboration and project management skills.
- Experience supporting Commercial Teams, either in data analytics, sales operations or financial analyst role.
- Familiarity with Veeva, 3PL and HUB vendors
- Background working with various Pharmaceutical industry data providers such as IQVIA, DRG, Symphony, etc
- Experience with Buy-and-Bill products and/or familiarity with ophthalmic Pharmaceutical products is preferred but not essential