Enterprise System Support - Analyst 2 - WindowsPosted: 1 month ago
** 3 RESOURCES NEEDED **
- The Level 1 Windows Incident Support Analyst supports and maintains Windows servers, patching, instant messaging, MS Exchange, database environments and/or host infrastructures.
- This includes responding to system outages, maintenance, and other problems, and being the first point of contact for documented hardware and software problems.
- Handle day-to-day change management issues within the guidelines of the Client Global Incident Management process and adhering to client requirements and deliverables.
- Learning and understanding of tickets status and updates to logs in the ticketing tools is crucial.
- Working with Client vendors and clients, the Command Center staff must provide guidance, visibility and proper communication to Client management.
- At times follow proper escalation procedures for both Client and client notifications.
- Delivers first level remote hardware and software support services to clients to resolve product use and multi-product/platform problems, and/or questions relating to enterprise systems, networks and application software, as well as desktop applications that are beyond the scope of the client's first level help desk support function.
- Provides referrals and/or dispatches to other service providers to ensure that client's service level and technical requirements are met.
- Provides alerts and situation status information to both client and Client management.
- Coordinates critical customer issues as well as new product and/or system implementations.
- Participates in patching of servers for multiple clients using industry recognized tools and methodology.
- Responsible for the day to day support of computer systems running on a host operating system.
- These may be stand-alone, hosted and virtual, or networked systems and may exist in homogenous or heterogeneous environments.
- Monitor system performance, service availability, scheduled maintenance tasks and event logs for normal operations.
- Apply documented system and security patches to ensure the security and stability of the environment.
- Perform technical system performance monitoring.
- Perform hardware and/or software maintenance.
- Ensure proper backups are made of systems to allow for recovery of systems and data.
- Monitor system capacity against specific capacity plans.
- Document basic reporting procedures for common tasks.
- Assist in implementation of basic, recurring change request.
- Perform minor changes with the oversight of a more senior analyst.
- Incident Management Perform initial incident investigation, resolve well defined or basic technical issue incidents using documented procedures and obtain recovery of normal operations as quickly as possible.
- Change Management Document basic change implementation plans and execute the plans reviewed and approved by senior analysts.
- Perform basic with the oversight of a higher-level analyst.
- Problem Management Gather and document information to assist with the root cause or escalate to tier 3 for solution.