Assistant Manager, Markets Operations (Band D)Posted: 1 month ago
This role within Markets Operations requires the job-holder to: (i) lead the day-to-day markets operations to support the trade capture, confirmation and settlement of Treasury Products, including the execution and settlement of Securities and the issuance of CDs, (ii) manage a small team of senior analysts in their daily activities, (iii) ensure the continued development of each member of the team, and (iv) actively support the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives within the team and the broader branch.
Incumbent plays an integral part in developing & maintaining the integrity of the controls environment, thus, indirectly adding value to the end-to-end Client proposition and to the achievement of cost targets for LBG, NA. The goal, at all times, is the effective capture, confirmation and settlement of all transactions within the various system applications, which support the activity of Markets Operations, in line with documented processes, policies and procedures and controls.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure the settlement and timely execution of all Treasury related money market, foreign exchange, negotiable asset; fixed income and bond transactions for LBG, NA.
- Review and authorise the daily funding activities of the Money Market Desk and ensure Nostros are fully funded.
- Provide supervision and support to the Markets Operations team ensuring colleagues have the appropriate ongoing professional training to complete their designated roles
- Act as liaison to Traders, and stakeholders as issues arise, in a responsive and professional manner
- Manage daily communications with clients to effect trade confirmations
- Resolve daily reconciliation breaks, ensuring all overdue & open items are investigated, escalated and resolved within documented deadlines.
- Act as champion for continuous improvement projects within the team and the broader branch.
- Foster and maintain inclusive, collaborative and courteous relationships with clients, colleagues and peers; inspire others and develop mutually-beneficial internal & external networks.
- Understand and comply with all LBG and jurisdictional rules and regulations that apply to role after proper training; complete all mandatory / regulatory training as required by the job to a satisfactory level.
- Escalate to the Senior Manager, Head of Operations or to the Chief Compliance Officer any non-compliance with LBG or jurisdictional rules or regulations that may come to the employee's attention in the course of his/her employment.
- Production of Key Performance Indicators / Key Risk Indicators and other monthly management information to facilitate the smooth running of the unit to mitigate operational risks and streamline day-to-day processes.
- Take ownership of any other instructions and / or tasks that may be assigned by the Manager / Senior Manager, Operations from time to time.
Education and experience required:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Up to three years' experience in a medium to large scale Financial Institution's Trading Operations environment in support of trade capture, confirmation and settlement with an understanding of front office transactions and processes
- Up to two years' experience acting in a supervisory capacity
- Lean Six Sigma Certification preferred; must have an aptitude to leverage resources in order to simplify processes and drive efficiencies
- Experience in cash management and intraday funding and liquidity
- Strong technology skills with an advanced proficiency in Excel and Word
- Proven self- motivator; takes initiative and has the ability to effectively organize, multi-task and prioritize own workload and that of others according to deadlines.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with colleagues at all levels of the organization and have awareness of self and others
Key skills and knowledge required:
- Strong knowledge of Treasury products including Foreign Exchange, Money Market (placements and deposits), Fixed Income Products, Repurchase and Reverse Repurchase agreements, CD and CP Issuance.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of SWIFT Alliance messaging system including the ability to create and format MT1XX, MT2XX and MT3XX payment messages types.
- Knowledge and understanding of securities settlement via DTCC and EUROCLEAR.
- Ability to work under pressure
- A passion for doing the right thing and to deliver great "experiences”, for clients, stakeholders and colleagues
- Courage to question and generate discussion and solutions
- Interest in colleague development, management, and team dynamics
- Strong organizational, analytical, processing and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas, challenge and present solutions in a coherent and concise fashion in verbal and written format