Sr. Manager InfrastructurePosted: 6 months ago
Under the general direction of the Vice President of IT, this individual will own and be responsible for all of the IT infrastructure, security, telecommunications, server and storage technologies, data center, laptops, network operations, production environment, vendor management, developing and implementing best practices and processes, budgeting, and strategic planning for infrastructure & security.
This person will be responsible for doing an assessment of the current infrastructure and security for the company and developing a roadmap and strategic plan to migrate to Office 365 which includes SharePoint Online, Exchange Online, Teams, PSTN Calling, and Azure.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of enterprise cloud migration projects, as well as ongoing cloud operations
- Manage project timelines, resources (both technical and non-technical), tasks, risks, budget and scope
- Ensure alignment of all major infrastructure decisions and investments with the overall cloud migration strategy and target architecture
- Provide regular cadence of reporting, with insights and recommendations on how to meet key milestones, manage risk, and ensure project success
- Design, plan and implement Active Directory, ADFS, and Azure AD
- Configure Office 365 workloads such as OneDrive for Business, SharePoint Online and Skype for Business
- Manage hybrid environment of Exchange Server and Exchange Online
- Create and execute strategies for building, scaling and ensuring the availability, efficiency, and positive business impact of infrastructure investments making sure client is realizing maximum value from infrastructure investments.
- Align, communicate, and plan impactful infrastructure initiatives in partnership w/ senior management and peers while simultaneously ensuring proper alignment to wider business and technical goals.
- Build IT infrastructure with the goal of realizing transformational improvements in system capabilities, capacity, performance, speed in deployment, and service quality.
- Deliver, management, scaling, and availability of mission-critical Infrastructure services including but not limited to: Unified Communications (Email, IM, Video Conferencing, VoIP, eFax, etc.) DNS, LDAP, DHCP, backup, storage, archive, virtualization, security protocols, outsource partner access, AD, DB / SQL Server infrastructure, mobile computing, incident response processes, monitoring, business continuance and overall quality of operational response to issues in the client's environment.
- Develop on-going management of key vendor relationships, service/support contracts, license true-ups, associated negotiations and making recommendations of what to insource vs. outsource.
- Manage financials for Capital and Operational infrastructure budgets.
- Responsible for information security contributing to active protection of client's intellectual/information assets.
- Manage the team to ensure business users' computer, phone and connectivity needs are met according to IT client support procedures. Provide backup support when needed. Ensure accurate asset management is maintained
- Keep abreast of current and developing technologies by leveraging conferences, workshops, professional groups, and business relationships.
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 5 - 8 years' experience in administering, executing, leading resolution for unexpected service outages, system maintenance issues, data center move upgrades, infrastructure system cut-overs, difficult to localize system faults, and system issues resulting from complex system dependencies. Ability and demonstrated talent in avoiding or minimizing business impact despite existing technical challenges.
- Must have implementation experience and in-depth understanding of Microsoft cloud technologies, services, and solutions, including Office 365, Azure, Teams, SharePoint Online, Skype for Business, OneDrive and PSTN calling in a Teams environment
- Individual has experience working with Exchange Server 2013, and 2016, can troubleshoot Hybrid Connectivity issues and can provide Exchange Server support
- Individual can troubleshoot directory synchronization issues from Azure AD Connect, Azure AD Sync, and DirSync
- Individual understands and can troubleshoot authentication services including Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) and Azure AD
- Strong Active Directory background AD on-prem, Azure AD, AD Connect/Sync, etc.
- 3 - 5 years supervisory experience of IT department employees
- Technical depth and experience in multiple technical areas: e.g. SAN / NAS enterprise storage, virtualization farms, server administration, Exchange / messaging, or similar IT infrastructure areas.
- Strong familiarity with networking principals, firewalls, load balancers, AD, LDAP, DB fundamentals, and backup systems.
- Knowledgeable and depth of experience in developing, implementing, and building infrastructure, which ensures disaster recovery and business continuity. Experience with design, implementation, and management of highly available (HA) system architectures.
- Ability to configure, purchase and deploy new computers, servers, and networking hardware.