Senior Systems EngineerPosted: 1 month ago
a New York based consulting firm focused on providing expertise around revenue strategy, which we describe as "customer science. " Customer science encompasses the disciplines of defining, building, managing and measuring revenue-generating capabilities – branding, market mix management, segmentation, product design, pricing, distribution management, sales execution effectiveness, and customer experience. We work to develop these strategies within the retail banking, corporate and institutional banking, wealth and brokerage, insurance, payments and consumer credit industries.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are seeking qualified candidates for a Senior Systems Engineer positions. If you are extremely smart, analytical, good with people, motivated, technology savvy and a team player we would like to hear from you!
- Respond to issues related to corporate environment servers and SAAS application stack
- Provide application level support in the development, QA, and client-facing production environments
- Provide software application and server support to the Solutions development team, including Apache, Tomcat, MS SQL Server, SAS and LDAP
- Provide support directly to clients related to business application connectivity
- Provide support and implementation of security policies, compliance, and best practices, including vulnerability scanning and patching
- Assist in the design of technical systems and networks
- Increase efficiency and system uptime using system automation, and identifying problem areas
- Participate in out-of-hours support and system maintenance.
- 5+ years' of Linux Systems Administration (Red Hat or CentOS preferred)
- Networking experience is a plus (CCNA/CCNP or equivalent experience)
- Proficiency with automation tools (ansible, chef, puppet, etc)
- Proficiency with scripting languages (python, ruby, BASH, etc)
- Proficiency with security best practices and vulnerability management
- Proficiency with Web & Application server administration, including Apache, and Tomcat
- Experience configuring/managing/updating large groups of servers and OS firewall configurations.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, decision-making and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to manage priorities and multi-task
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree
Experience with these technologies a plus:
- PCI DSS and/or SSAE16 security guidelines
- Amazon AWS
- Container architecture (Doker, Kubernetes)
- JIRA, Nagios, Logstash