Software Engineer IVPosted: 1 month ago
- The Custom Analytics team engages in a wide variety of custom projects that delve into the vast data sets collected by clients servers to provide unique, global insights into what the data means. This position will allow you to work with client's threat, performance and internet topology data to solve customer directed problems.
- You will often need to quickly build prototype systems as proofs of concept or work on enhancing existing projects to add new features and capabilities.
- The typical project will require you to develop, build, and use tools to collect, manipulate and analyze large data sets. You will have the opportunity to become a subject matter expert in a variety of data and disciplines, as well communicate your expertise and findings to internal and external customers.
- Our projects will stretch your knowledge and assumptions. Ample opportunities abound to give you the opportunity to learn a new subject, technology, toolset, or even a new software language.
- The ideal candidate will be collegial, curious, agile, and demonstrate the ability to quickly learn and apply new skills in a dynamic and often vague environment.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Design systems to collect and process internet scale data.
- Develop prototype systems to collect and demonstrate the value of new data sets.
- Quickly develop prototype systems.
- Modify and maintain existing deployed software.
- Focus on designing and delivering reliable, scalable, and resilient software.
- Communicate with internal and external customers and partners to share information and data
***Please note: Candidate MUST HAVE 5+ years of experience developing software in Python, and MUST BE eligible to obtain a Security Clearance if/when the role requires it.*****
5+ years of relevant software development experience,
5+ years of experience developing software in Python,
3+ years' experience with Linux/Unix environment,
Eligible to obtain a Security Clearance
Top Skills Needed for the role:
Skill 1 Python
Skill 2 Software engineering
Education: Bachelor's Degree or Higher