CRM DeveloperPosted: 1 month ago
ITD's Database and Application Development (DAD) section is currently in the process of working with a vendor to build an enterprise system for managing the agency's land use applications. This enterprise system will consolidate three legacy applications. It will be built with a cloud-hosted instance of Microsoft Dynamics CRM and locally–hosted Microsoft SharePoint. The new application will include an Applicant Portal, Work Flow Tracking, Dashboards, Reporting and a Document Repository.
DAD is also responsible for designing, developing and maintaining the agency's major databases and application systems. The section maintains 20+ databases and applications, including ASP.NET, VB.NET, and Access/VBA applications with Microsoft SQL Server databases and a mainframe system. The section also routinely geo-processes data in bulk for various divisions at DCP and for select external agencies.
The Database and Application Development section seeks a talented and versatile CRM Developer to join its team of programmers, analysts and data specialists.
The CRM Developer will also work with other programmers in the development of new applications and enhancements to several major applications including the PLUTO Database, which contains over 70 fields of land use and property-related information and is extensively used throughout city government and by community groups, educators, researchers and developers; the E Designation Database, which tracks environmental requirements and is being redesigned to contain a public facing component; and the Zoning Tax Lot Database, which is a database that contains the most up-to-date tax lot zoning designations and serves as an input to a number of other citywide applications.
Primary areas of responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Supporting and enhancing the existing CRM Dynamics application as required to support business needs
• Customizing and modifying existing CRM Dynamics features and implement reports
• Developing store procedures, SSIS packages and maintaining existing data routines and products
• Supporting data migration activities in support of production cutover for new systems
• Maintaining code base in Team Foundation Server (TFS)
• Serving in multiple roles during in-house software development and release
• Routinely communicating and interfacing with agency leaders
• Collaborating with end users, technical staff and the city's oversight technology agency on requirements for enhancement initiatives
• Performing programming tasks with a high degree of quality and efficiency
• Investigating, analyzing, designing, programming and implementing effective solutions to meet business needs
• Assisting in the maintenance and updating of in-house applications
• Configuring business process flows to meet client needs and customizing where appropriate
• Building integrations with COTS and other agency systems