Structured Products Analyst (Special Investment Officer)Posted: 7 months ago
• Bachelor's degree and three (3) to (5) years' experience in institutional, fixed income structured product research. Minimal travel is required. Candidates must be New York State residents or willing to relocate.
• Preference may be given to candidates who have obtained their MBA or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) credential (CFA study at any level a plus)
The Structured Products Analyst will report to the Senior Portfolio Manager for Structured Products.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Evaluate and analyze credit and structures for Collateralized Loan Obligations (CLO), Commercial Mortgage Backed Security (CMBS), Asset Backed Security (ABS), Mortgage Backed Security (MBS), etc. on a daily basis using internal and industry tools;
• Produce written reports including structured product evaluations and quarterly updates, credit memos, and industry reviews;
• Research and analyze collateral and structures, analyze loan details and issuer information on new issue Collateralized Loan Obligations (CLO), Commercial Mortgage Backed Security (CMBS), Residential Mortgage Backed Security (RMBS), Asset Backed Security (ABS), etc.;
• Utilize vender-based research to reflect changes in structured products modeling assumptions;
• Provide fundamental and relative value research to generate structured product driven investment ideas and strategies to enhance portfolio returns and mitigate risk, exercising prudence in balancing both risk and expected return;
• Maintain relationships with sell-side strategists to achieve best ideas within structured products;
• Performing ongoing due diligence and surveillance of structured portfolio positions, and communicating updates in a timely fashion;
• Strong communication skills, a demonstrated ability to effectively interact with senior management, and a track record of individual initiative are required;
• Candidate should be experienced using standard evaluation tools such as: Intex Calc, Trepp, eMBS, Markit, Bloomberg, Yieldbook and Point, Andrew Davidson Vector, Blackrock Aladdin a plus. Programming skills and VBA/SQL a plus.