Investments Technology AnalystPosted: 6 months ago
Investments Technology Analyst
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work closely with the custodian, consultant(s), asset managers and the internal investment team to improve data flow and streamline processes.
• Manage integration projects encompassing external and third-party data feeds.
• Serve as point of contact for Investment Department systems related matters and serve as facilitator for resolving systems or data related issues.
• Act as Bloomberg system administrator and subject matter expert for the front, middle and back office functionalities.
• Act as an internal subject matter expert on BlackRock's Aladdin system; serve as a liaison between BlackRock's Aladdin team and their investment staff; suggest and facilitate improvements in data flows and processes; lead the effort to ensure new asset classes, new data fields, additional analytic enhancements etc. as requested are incorporated into the Aladdin system accurately and on schedule.
• Coordinate with front, middle and back office teams to establish best practices and assist in keeping process documentation up to date and suggest improvements.
• Create a leaner strategy for the Investment Department; provide guidance on functionality that would enhance our performance; be proactive by automating processes while being risk aware.
• Serve as the liaison for the Investment Department in new technology related projects and help oversee projects from start to finish (particularly in strategy, writing business requirements, and testing)
• Serve as a steward of the Investment Department data integrity and quality. The candidate will be expected to play a key role in developing and implementing a robust data culture. The candidate will be expected to refine and/or develop processes to ensure that data is accurately fed into the various systems used by the department and that various systems reflect consistent data.
• Oversee Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning for the Investments Department.
• Ad-hoc projects as assigned by CRO and CIO
Bachelor's degree with strong academic qualifications. Candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of experience in investment technology with knowledge of the full spectrum of asset classes, especially fixed income, public equity, private equity and real estate.
Familiarity with fixed income trading operations is essential day to day trading activity. Familiarity with externally managed assets (separate accounts and fund structures) is also essential.
Familiarity with software systems used to facilitate transactions, run analytics and house data such as Bloomberg, BlackRock Aladdin, YieldBook, CAMRA and Oracle Financials is necessary. Familiarity with Intex and Trepp is a plus, as is familiarity with systems for alternative asset classes.
Seeking candidates with the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Goal-oriented individual with solid organizational skills
• Strong interest in the financial markets with excellent quantitative and analytical skills
• Ability to work well-independently and in team settings
• Demonstrated ability to manage technology projects from start to finish
• Ability to establish consensus and compromise amongst different stakeholders
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; keeping stakeholders up to date on timelines
• Extensive knowledge of Bloomberg, including the API and overall framework
• Knowledge of BlackRock Aladdin reporting capabilities
• Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel