Sr. Network Operations EngineerPosted: 1 month ago
TITLE: Sr. Network Operations Engineer
This Company fuels the global capital markets community by providing exceptional market data services and customized managed infrastructure solutions. As financial industry experts at the center of markets and technology, we help our clients efficiently scale their business and quickly access markets. From infrastructure to connectivity, we support our clients through the full trading lifecycle. We are a global company headquartered in New York, with offices in Chicago, London, Singapore and Tokyo.
Purpose of the role:
Network Operations is responsible for the stability of all network and datacenter infrastructure, investigating and resolving issues, and monitoring critical systems. The purpose of this role is to provide the best support for our low latency network service, historical market data service, normalized market data service, and other engineered solutions for Pico's clients and our internal infrastructure in line with Pico's standards and strategic framework.
This is an internal and external customer facing role. The Engineer will be accountable for delivering quality service and support to our current and future client base. They will be a proactive, solutions-oriented Engineer with highly developed organization and attention to detail skills. They will also be responsible for carrying out changes to existing client services during change windows in line with the Company's change processes and for conducting peer reviews to ensure quality of work at all times. The role holder will also work with our Network and Implementation Engineering teams to ensure that all incidents and escalations are dealt with in a timely and effective manner, continuing to learn and transferring knowledge This role is expected to participate in ongoing projects and maintenance activities this will include engineering efforts.
Responsibilities and duties (include but not limited to)
- Work with customers to assist with any issues or inquiries they may have.
- Monitor Pico network and datacenter infrastructure using real-time data and alerting to provide continuous network uptime and optimal performance.
- Ensure stability of all Pico Network Services
- Troubleshoot and escalate outages and issues
- Manage internal and external circuits, cross-connects, internet access, and VPNs.
- Create necessary technical, and network/system documentation including diagrams, flowcharts and scheduled reporting.
- Conduct system, network, and environmental checkouts and guarantee their delivery to necessary customers/clients.
- Ensure corrective maintenance is identified from checkouts and other reports and input from field, authorizes work, work order created and scheduled, and quality report is submitted to clients when work has been completed
- Identify opportunities within the environment to improve equipment monitoring, data integrity, and site security.
- Develop broad knowledge and understanding of underlying network standards and protocols
- Provide support service that ensure Pico's infrastructure services are running to its optimum performance and that all departmental key performance indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met
- Ensure that runbook procedures are kept up to date and are available for use by all members of the team
- Use scripts and automation tools to support deployments
- Open and resolve tickets as created or assigned
- Conduct a root cause analysis and create RFOs and Incident reports.
- Interface with vendors, market participants, and financial exchanges as needed to support maintenance activities or troubleshooting efforts
- Abide by Change Control Process and Procedures
- Perform peer review of planned changes prior to deployment
- Perform network infrastructure changes in a diligent and professional manner
- Perform installation of network hardware and software
- Participate in daily meetings to review changes and underlying impacts
- Participate in daily handover calls with alternate regions
- Prepare Handover/Turnover documentation for on-coming shift
- Provide mentoring and guidance to other team members when required
- Work with front and back office support.
Education, Skills, and background (incl. Education and Experience Requirements)
- 3-5 years of experience working on network equipment in an ISP style environment or a large NOC
- 2-3 or more years of experience with Juniper, Arista, and/or Cisco hardware and software
- CCNP certified or equivalent level of knowledge
- Advanced deployment and troubleshooting experience in:
- BGP and OSPF – including redistribution
- Route Tagging, preferencing, and communities
- Multicast Routing, PIM-SM
- Firewalls – including VPNs, Policies
- Experience in Corvil Appliances
- Experience using NetBrain, Nagios, and Orion NPM
- Experience writing custom scripts in BASH or Python
- Diligent and highly detail orientated
- Ability to analyze, diagnose and resolve issues in a highly charged financial environment
- Clear verbal and written communicator
- Capable of prioritizing and managing a high workload
- Driven self-starter and self-motivation are key
- Keen to contribute ideas, share knowledge, and help others develop
- Interested in cutting edge technology
- Driven to develop own skills and knowledge
- This is an office-based position.
- Though travel may be required from time to time, it is not expected to be regular or frequent.
- Required to function in a 4 day, 10 hour/day shift
- Provide additional coverage outside of Standard working hours when necessary.