Windows engineerPosted: 1 month ago
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Design and deliver effective engineering solutions to address operational goals centered around both Cloud and Colocation environments.
• Partner with CI/CD engineering to ensure systems are being delivered using an IaaS model.
• Proactively assess and improve operations and quality of service
• Participate in a 24x7 on call rotation
• Support/troubleshoot OS, virtualization, containerization, and hardware issues
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field or equivalent experience.
• 7 years information technology experience.
• Proven track record of supporting large scale complex Windows server environments
• Experience installing and maintaining Active Directory in an enterprise environment
• Experience working with GPOs, DNS, IIS, SMTP services
• Perform system deployments, updates, and day to day operational support
• VMWARE expertise
• Ability to work independently Demonstrate excellent problem solving, decision making, and analytical skills.
Highly Desired Skills
• Hands on AWS experience or deployment of cloud enabled technologies
• Experience with deployment technologies Ansible, Puppet/Chef, etc. Ansible highly desirable
• Experience in hosted global datacenter environments supporting geographically dispersed facilities and staff.
• DevOps, Agile Scrum, and ITIL operational experience.
• Solid knowledge of multiple compute platforms (distributed/tiered architecture), bare metal, virtualization.
• Experience with multiple server operating systems (Windows, Linux, Unix) and virtualization technologies (VMWARE, HYPER-V).
• Cisco USC hardware