Unix EngineerPosted: 6 months ago
Unix Systems Engineer – Infrastructure Engineering and Operations (International)
Do you like providing technical direction and leading complex projects requiring multiple areas of expertise, working on projects that span a broad range of technologies, and have a passion for continuous improvement? Do you want to be part of a team that will play an integral role in transitioning infrastructure approach to an IaaS model?
The Infrastructure Engineering and Operations team oversees the activities of systems design, compute deployment, operations, monitoring, and maintainability across colo and cloud environments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Design and deliver effective engineering solutions to address operational goals centered around both Cloud and Colocation environments.
• Partner with CI/CD engineering to ensure systems are being delivered using an IaaS model.
• Proactively assess and improve operations and quality of service
• Participate in a 24x7 on call rotation
• Support/troubleshoot OS, virtualization, containerization, and hardware issues
• Patching, firmware upgrade
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field or equivalent experience.
• 7 years information technology experience.
• Proven track record of supporting large scale complex Unix server environments (RHEL6/7, UBUNTU, Solaris 10)
• Leverage scripting and debugging (Bash) to automate day to day tasks
• Perform system deployments, updates, and day to day operational support
• VMWARE expertise: Server Builds, vmotion, cloning, snapshot, etc.
• Ability to work independently Demonstrate excellent problem solving, decision making, and analytical skills.
• Vi editor expertise
• Basic mysql knowledge, apache configuration and management
• Costum monitoring, security hardening, performance tuning, network tuning
• Knowledge of kickstart and kickstart config files, knowledge of postfix and sendmail, DNS, FTP, NTP
Highly Desired Skills
• Hands on AWS experience or deployment of cloud enabled technologies
• Experience with deployment technologies Ansible, Puppet/Chef, etc. Ansible highly desirable
• Experience in hosted global datacenter environments supporting geographically dispersed facilities and staff.
• DevOps, Agile Scrum, and ITIL operational experience.
• Solid knowledge of multiple compute platforms (distributed/tiered architecture), bare metal, virtualization.
• Experience with multiple server operating systems (Windows, Linux, Unix) and virtualization technologies (VMWARE, HYPER-V).
• Cisco USC hardware