NOC adminPosted: 1 month ago
Level 2 with SolarWinds, windows and or Linux experience.
Monitor and intercept information from monitoring systems with an objective to identify alarms and anomalies that can cause adverse impact on systems. Understand, prioritize and take actions on intercepted information in order to restore operations. Provide proactive monitoring services to various IT organizations within the company. This includes understanding monitoring requirements and operating procedures, actively intercepting events, taking remedial actions, performing escalations and collaborating with resolver groups. Keep up to date knowledge of monitored systems, review current SOPs, identify improvements and document technical SOPs. Perform core monitoring duties with objective to meet / exceed current SLAs.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in enterprise network environment in IT Infrastructure monitoring or IT service desk role.
- Strong understanding of OSI and TCP/IP models
- Strong understanding of networking fundamentals such as subnetting, CIDR, IPv4, IPv6, DNS, DHCP, VPN etc.
- Strong knowledge of SNMP, SysLog, WinRM and other network monitoring technologies.
- Strong knowledge of remote assistance utilities such as Remote desktop, Teamviewer and SSH.
- Knowledge of Windows and LINUX operating system fundamentals, various remote server administration tools.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot various systems and network issues using standard command line and GUI based troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience working with Active Directory, Exchange Online or Office 365.
- Working knowledge of Powershell, CISCO CLI and Linux Commands an asset.
- Experience supporting Active Directory, Exchange online, an asset.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as SolarWinds, Foglight, NAGIOS, PRTG an asset.
- Experience of analysing system and network performance using monitoring and graphical data.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Working Knowledge of ITIL based service desk
Key Result areas
- Actively intercept and triage incoming alarms from various 3rd party and proprietary monitoring systems.
- Take remedial actions according to established operating procedures, escalate (if needed) and carry events trough to resolution.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyse trends for ways to prevent future problems
- Actively monitor IT infrastructure using established monitoring systems, analyse trends, take action (if needed) and aid with fine-tuning alarm thresholds.
- Accurately prioritize events according to impact on business / urgency, create and escalate cases as defined in established operating procedures.
- Manage event cases ensuring that they meet or exceed current SLAs at all stages of event lifecycle.
- Support development and implementation of monitoring systems projects.
- Aid in development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, maintain current knowledge of plan executables, and respond to crises in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans
- Assist as required in IT Projects
- Record, track and document the IT Monitoring desk problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution
- Escalate problems (when required) to the IT Operations Manager/Senior Management
- Access software updates, patches, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ resources on the Internet/Intranet to aid in problem resolution
- Aid End User Computing and Global Service Desk with fielding users' service requests as and when needed.
- Maintain effective verbal and written communication with all concerned parties throughout event lifecycle.