Devops - Lead Platform Engineer ( PCF/PKS)Posted: 4 weeks ago
Role: Devops - Lead Platform Engineer ( PCF/PKS)
Location: Newark, NJ
Duration : FTE / Contract
· Lead Experience in cloud computing based services architecture, technical design and implementations including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS delivery models.
· Ensure optimum performance, high availability and stability of solutions and Ensure the container orchestration platform (Docker/Kubernetes) is regularly maintained and released to production without any downtime.
· Proven key skills in knowledge of config management and orchestration tools such as Chef, Puppet, BOSH and Terraform.
· Ability to work and communicate effectively and influence stakeholders on internal engineering teams, software development teams and strategic vendors.
· Thorough understanding of infrastructure automation, continuous integration/deployment, networking, storage and cloud-based delivery models.
· Deep expertise in cloud architecture and transformation strategy as well as product architecture.
· Knowledge of infrastructure design & server infrastructure implementation.
· Experience with networking and web standards such as DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, HTTP, web security mechanisms, proxies, firewalls & application delivery controllers.
· Hands on experience with AWS and operating familiarity of other cloud providers
· Ability to write technical documentation ( platform architecture, strategy, engineering etc.)
· Must be a self-starter, capable of working independently and within a team.
· Scripting and / or programming experience.
· Ability to work on multiple concurrent complex projects and to coordinate the work of others in the cloud environment.
· Experience with build tools, CI/CD, Devops and agile principles
· Experience building and supporting mission critical infrastructure for critical applications, running in a highly distributed manner.
· Increase the effectiveness, reliability and performance of container orchestration platform (Docker/Kubernetes) by identifying and measuring key indicators, making changes to the production systems in an automated way and evaluating the results
· Assist development teams to migrate applications to Docker & cloud foundry based PaaS platform
· Use automation tools like provisioning using Docker, Jenkins and GitLab.
· Solid knowledge of monitoring tools and fine tuning alerts on Prometheus, Grafana ,Splunk.
· Providing naming conventions, Backup & Recovery and problem determination strategies for the projects.
· Monitor, prevent and troubleshoot security related issues.
· Provide strategic vision in engineering solutions that touch the messaging queue aspect of the infrastructure.
· 4+ years experience in Design & Architecture of Cloud Foundry platform and/or container technologies in AWS & VMWare.
· Overall 10+ years of working experience in Architecture, Engineering of Infrastructure, cloud and application servers
· Must have proven prior experience in Cloud building blocks - compute, storage, network, tools & automation
· Must have Platform design, implementation and operations in Cloud IaaS and PaaS environments (major in Cloud Foundry ( preferred Pivotal) , Docker, and Kubernetes minor in VMware)
· Must be well versed in generic administration tasks of managing Docker images, container networking and standard infrastructure maintenance tasks on Docker and Kubernetes platform
· Solid Linux experience with knowledge of Linux kernel options such as control groups and defining application groups to restrict resources
· Expertise in building automation tools in any of the programming language such as BOSH, Terraform, Chef , Python or Golang
· Understanding of modern data platforms such as Redis, Kafka
· Experience with monitoring tools such as Graphite, Grafana and Prometheus
· In-depth experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines and setting up Helm repository
· Considerable experience in implementing RBAC Security.
· Support 24*7 Model and be available to support rotational on-call work ( including Saturday/Sunday )
· Competent working in one or more environments highly integrated with an operating system.
· High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy.
· Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
· Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
· Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
· Proven leadership abilities including effective knowledge sharing, conflict resolution, facilitation of open discussions, fairness and displaying appropriate levels of assertiveness.
· Ability to communicate highly complex technical information clearly and articulately for all levels and audiences.
· Willingness to learn new technologies/tool and train your peers.
· Proven track record to automate