Market Risk AnalystPosted: 4 months ago
The Market Risk Analyst will be primarily responsible for:
- Monitoring and reviewing the information reported by Market Risk Head Office (Chile) on daily basis by validating the reports to ensure data quality.
- Providing assistance in the management of market risk daily workflow and related activities.
- Working with all key stakeholders to ensure a robust and timely management for intraday and end-of-day risk reports.
- Assisting the team to ensure smooth day-to-day operation of the risk management while implementing and developing new risk management techniques.
- Supporting ad-hoc analytical requests from the front office.
- Performing other job-related duties as assigned.
- Assisting in streamlining market and liquidity risk analysis processes.
- Providing hands-on risk management technical skills and knowledge of market and liquidity risk regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Reviewing the market risks for new proposed transactions and recommend adequate mitigation measures.
- Assisting in core strategic projects to enhance risk management capabilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, finance, management or equivalent field.
- 3+ years of total experience in treasury, balance sheet or risk management functions in an international finance setting, with at least 1+ years of experience in market risk or trading in capital markets.
- Knowledge of various financial banking products such as fixed income, derivatives, foreign exchange, etc.
- Knowledge of risk management methodologies and disciplines, including value at risk, quantitative analysis, liquidity stress testing and scenario analysis with an emphasis in the banking industry.
- Proficient on SQL, VBA, MS Excel and MS Access.
- Basic knowledge of credit risk analysis with keen insights into what is driving good credit exposures.
- Self-starter and be able to translate business requirements from a regulatory stand point to a seamless technical implementation.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate with others at all levels and across all regions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent planning and time management; ability to work on multiple tasks and manage workload and priorities
- Must be bilingual in English/Spanish.