Senior Business AnalystPosted: 2 weeks ago
· Business Systems Analyst (BSA) works with business units at a project or enterprise level, as a liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements of business processes, policies, and information systems with minimal to no supervision.
· The Sr Business System Analyst will work independently with guidance as-needed from their leadership.
· They will also provide mentorship to junior business system analysts.
· This job resides within the IT organization.
Knowledge of: Business analyst principles, requirements management, business case development, elicitation, communication, analysis, testing and process modeling.
Prefer: Experience in predictive (waterfall) and adaptive (Agile) methodologies.,
· Moderate to proficient skills in requirements management from planning to execution, developing and tracking project requirements.
· Problem-solving, root-cause, or decision-making techniques such as pros/cons identification, the "5 whys”, fishbone diagrams, affinity diagrams, relative ranking, etc.
· Requirements elicitation techniques such as brainstorming, process flows, story mapping, etc.
· Leading teams or individuals through problem solving, requirements definition, and test planning sessions
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, meeting facilitation and negotiation
· Ability to create and maintain business relationships
· Moderate to strong skills in problem solving, making sound recommendations and managing expectations
· Organization change management as it relates to projects/initiatives
· Manage projects/initiatives through business case development and requirements management
· Interact and communicate clearly with technical personnel and project stakeholders
· Ability to focus on the details without losing overall perspective of the larger goal
· Prioritize course of action to ensure that work is managed effectively
· Lead moderately complex incident and problem resolution
· Perform basic queries for data analysis
· Ability to use data analysis reporting tools
· Assess the situation and adapt approach for best efficiency and effectiveness
· Document new or modify existing interfaces and/or integrations
· Develop understanding of business unit processes
· Create, manage and revise test plans, test scripts and manage defect tracking
· Ability to successfully participate in the execution of large, complex, enterprise-level projects with different teams with diverse personalities
· Strong and effective presentation skills
· Advanced understanding of data analysis and reporting tools
· Experience with implementation of software development, application deployment and/or infrastructure projects
· Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, or related field or an equivalent combination of education, experience, training, and/or certifications