Manufacturing Development Engineer IIPosted: 2 weeks ago
Job Title: Manufacturing Development Engineer
Location: Euclid, OH
Duration: 10 Months Contract
Duties will include:
- Create and deploy the future state of the Modification Overhaul Repair (MRO) operations in terms planning, scheduling, material flow, manufacturing and inventory position.
- Participate in the creating of the Value Stream Maps, the definition of the new layout and process standardization.
- Support, coordinate, track and co-lead lean activities such as RIE, VSM, 3P, PQPR, 5S, SDT WRK, line balancing, layout deployment
- Support deployment of HPWT – High Performance Work Team
- Support deployment of management system – tier Process
- Support the development of Capital Approval Request and the data analytics required to justify investment – business case
- Drive cost reduction initiatives by leading cost-out events and promoting a culture of continuous improvements to eliminate waste and deliver products to customer expectations
- Document best practices for future transfer across Client Aerospace Group
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refuge
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in a technical field
- Operations and Lean manufacturing experience +3 years
- Lean certification as a plus
- Industrial manufacturing – MRO (repair process) experience preferred
- Ability to successfully operate within a union environment by building rapport and professional work relationships with all employees.
- Shop floor experience and mentality – hands on
- Very analytical
- Team player
- Good communicator