Scrum Master - Richfield, MNPosted: 5 months ago
Title : Scrum Master
Location : Richfield, MN
Duration : FTE
Job Description :
We are looking for a passionate, results-oriented, innovative Scrum Master to drive execution across multiple projects, platforms and solutions within an organization engaged in agile transformation. As Scrum Master the role will work closely with product managers, user experience designers, engineering teams, our operations group, business stakeholders, program managers, and multiple internal and external teams to deliver customer-oriented, innovative, quality products that delight our customers.
This role requires a highly motivated self-starter who is comfortable working within a complex technical environment with rapid changes in requirements, direction and environment. The ideal candidate is equally comfortable digging into business requirements and product planning as well as drilling into technical architecture and design. The position will also be responsible for evangelizing program management best practices to facilitate delivery of large, cross-functional initiatives.
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
- Guiding the team on how to get the most out of self-organization
- Guiding the team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- Second level Scrum Master Certification (CSP, PSM II)
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)
- Previous experience as a team lead
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills