Systems EngineerPosted: 2 weeks ago
· Performs software application maintenance on assigned mission systems running a variety of operating systems to include Solaris, UNIX, Linux, and Windows
· Performs routine and preventative maintenance such as general computer tasks, application loads, disk utilization, system loading and system monitoring
· Detects, isolates, documents, quickly reports, and resolves system outages, or problems encountered during operations of the operational system baseline, which includes the collections of diagnostic data, restoring the system operation, development of workarounds, and other activities necessary for recovery of a system and accurately document problems in logging and discrepancy reporting tools.
· Perform system monitoring, analyze and document performance and conduct trend analyses as required
· Also support system engineering groups as required for ongoing analysis of system utilization and make recommendation for design changes and enhancements.
· Environment fluctuates between routine and urgent, depending on ongoing tasks, priorities, and performance of assigned systems
· Minimum 5 years of related Windows and/or UNIX or Linux Systems Administration experience OR possess 12 years of equivalent experience working with customer in technical operations in lieu of a degree
· Must have experience configuring domain information utilities, such as IPA, LDAP, and DNS
· Must have strong background and experience troubleshooting and debugging applications
· Must be able to work under pressure in restoring high priority systems back to operations
· Must have good communication skills in order for the effective and accurate exchange of information across a multi-location enterprise, with customer visibility into crew-based actions and response
· Must be able to work a non-standard work week, weekends, and holidays in support of 24x7 operations when on-call
· Ability to navigate, debug, and modify programs in an advanced programming language
· Experience with Atlassian tools (Jira and Confluence), Bluecat, Xymon,
· Experience with storage products from Oracle/Sun/STK, IBM, and/or Hitachi
· Experience with virtual software technologies such as VMware, and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
· Experience with Commvault backup systems.