IT Systems EngineerPosted: 2 months ago
The Systems Engineer (SE) provides support and lead all aspects of Information Technology related to running the New York Branch office systems, servers, network and applications. The SE will also be required to provide phone coverage, assist and resolve more difficult support requests, help facilitate moves/adds/changes, and provide additional support for network administration. The SE will be responsible for the overall awareness and enforcement of the IT Security policies and procedures established within the New York Branch. The SE will be responsible for assisting with the overall systems and network architecture of the New York Branch as it pertains to Security, Productivity and efficiency as well as in alignment with head office standards.
Ability to create new Infrastructure projects by designing, budgeting and building out new Systems to meet requirements of the bank
- Provide primary and Escalation support and management of Exchange 2013 and Active Directory with ability to build environments from ground up and / or the ability to properly restore from backup
- Manage and respond to appropriate system monitoring using tools such as Veeam One, etc. that will identify proactively pending failures that could result in system downtime.
- Assist with the help desk activity and make recommendations for increased organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assist in the design and implementation of a resilient disaster recovery and business continuity program
- Provide support and backup for end of day processing
- Manage the virtual infrastructure environment specifically ESXi 6.x.
- Support and maintain Security devices such cisco mail and web appliances.
- Work with the IT Manager on the review and remediation of any and all IT related internal and external audit concerns.
- Remain up to date with latest possible security procedures as they are relevant to the branch
- Support the IT Manager in maintaining all of the local IT desk procedures and manuals in accordance with both internal and external provisions.
- Responsible for responding to security audits presented by the ISO
- Reviews security violation reports provided by (ISO) and investigates possible security exceptions, updates, and maintains and documents security controls.
- Extensive knowledge on Backup restoration and replication
- Extensive knowledge of LAN, WAN, and Wireless Access environments
- Extensive knowledge of Switching and Routing, Including VLAN and Port management. (Cisco CCENT or above is a plus)
- Knowledge of Firewalls (Including managing Rules and ACL's)
- Must have extensive knowledge managing Microsoft Exchange (including Email Routing. System management, system upgrades, new infrastructure migration, archiving)
- Ability to manage VOIP solution. (Microsoft Lync, Skype for Business and Voice gateways)
- Extensive knowledge managing networking protocols such as DHCP, DNS (Public DNS), SFTP, FTP, TFTP
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Security requirements and industry standards. Must be able to work closely with the Information Technology Officer to ensure that all systems and network related devices are secure and meet company requirements as outlined by the policies and procedures of the business. (CISSP certification is a plus demonstrating a high level of IPSEC)
- Extensive CITRIX configuration and administration experience is a requirement. (Must be able to build out new and maintain existing Farms)
- Bachelor's degree in Applied Science
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in similar capacity