Senior Credit Analyst (AVP Level)Posted: 2 months ago
The (Senior) Credit Analyst is responsible for managing all credit issues relating to assigned NY and Mexico corporate accounts (mixed portfolio of Mid-Market, Large Corporate and Key Account customers). This includes tasks such as preparation of credit applications, periodic reviews, ratings and ensuring regulatory compliance. The (Senior) Credit Analyst prepares/supports with loan and collateral documentation. Monitoring of assigned corporate accounts, reporting and proposing adequate risk-reducing measures are further central tasks.
- Assess the creditworthiness of existing/prospective borrowers (and guarantors) in various industry sectors and propose adequate loan/facility/collateral structures, terms and conditions and documentation.
- Independently prepare ratings, financial spreads, credit applications, periodic reviews, amendment and waiver decisions as well as other internal documents that relate to credit issues.
- Draft and/or review of loan and collateral documentation, waiver, ancillaries and amendments under German or U.S. law in conjunction with internal/external legal counsel as applicable.
- Maintain credit and collateral files and databases and ensure compliance with German and U.S. regulatory framework.
- Ongoing monitoring of assigned corporate accounts. Identify potential problems early on and propose adequate risk-reducing measures.
- Regular status reporting to manager, risk committee, NY branch management and various recipients in head office based on established internal protocol (e.g. Watch List procedure).
- Liaise closely with customers, relationship managers in Germany, NY and Mexico and risk management in Germany and NY.
- Proactive in suggesting improvements to credit process work flow (e.g. standardization, tools).
- Participation in digitalization and other projects.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in financial statement analysis (HGB, US GAAP, IFRS).
- Ability to work proactively and well under pressure.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- German or Spanish language skills, a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of LBBW lending procedures.
- Sound knowledge of U.S. and German banking system and regulatory environment.
- Solid background in relevant German and U.S. business laws.
- Team player on a group and interdepartmental basis.
- 5+ years of experience in risk management of corporate accounts.
- Advanced MS Office.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in business, economics, or related field.