Payroll Analyst IVPosted: 1 week ago
We have an opportunity to join the payroll department and support the processing of bi-weekly payroll for US employees, as well as monthly payrolls for our non-US employees.
The Client Payroll group is responsible for processing hourly and salaried payroll for domestic bi-weekly payrolls in a multi-state environment, preparing on-line payroll data for the timely and accurate payment of employees, preparing monthly payroll information for non-US payrolls, balancing of payroll reports and records, answering payroll inquiries and providing guidance to internal and external personnel.
- Participate in timely and accurate preparation/audit/transmittal of bi-weekly domestic payroll and special pay runs as required.
- Initiate and audit data connection between ADP and Oracle for employee data transfer; troubleshoot and resolve discrepancies and other payroll issues.
- Calculate new hire, termination, and situational adjustments to pay.
- Maintain all relevant source documentation in appropriate format and location.
- Process equity transactions and imputed income transactions according to all applicable policies and regulations.
- Prepare manual checks as requested or required.
- Research complex payroll and taxation questions and apply solutions to ensure proper treatment within payroll application for employee and governmental reporting
- Perform pre- and post- transmission audit functions to assure proper documentation, data entry, and compliance with all SOX controls.
- Analyze control reports to determine appropriate corrective action to take when errors are discovered.
- Provide excellent customer service to support clients employees, manager and other stakeholders in resolving payroll inquires.
- Monitor and manage workflow to assure adherence to deadlines and completion of checklists in a fast-paced environment.
- Reconcile all payroll related accounts, including tax withholdings, ESPP withholdings, 401(K) withholding, accrued payroll, and other accrued compensation.
- Prepare, review and distribute post payroll reports as requested or required based on business and regulatory requirements.
- Conduct New Hire Orientation to communicate payroll information.
- Perform401k, Deferred Compensation and other benefit plan administration as necessary including funding, returns of excess, reversals, audits, true ups, loan monitoring and ad hoc requests within deadlines to assure compliance with regulatory standards.
- Follow documented processes and checklists to avoid errors and maintain process documentation on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance.
- Communicate timely and completely regarding risks and questions around deliverables.
- Act as back up for monthly international payroll processing and provide quality control audits for other payroll functions.
- Participate and contribute to other projects or responsibilities as required.
- ADP PayForce Payroll, multistate payroll, shared services environment, MS Office skills need to be tested in MS Word and Excel.
- The role calls for advanced users of excel formulas, great basic knowledge base, pivot tables. For MSWord, less specific just looking for a repeatable technology understanding thoughout the MS Office line.
Top Skills Needed for the role:
Skill 1 MultiState Payroll
Skill 2 ADP PayForce
Skill 3 Large Volume Environment over 3000employees
- College degree preferred. Equivalent work experience in a payroll and finance environment may be substituted. CPP/FPC a plus
- 3-5 years' experience with ADP PayForce/Vantage in a multi-state high volume environment required.
- ADP Connections, ADP Reporting and/or ADP GL experience preferred.
- Oracle experience desirable.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential data and work well in a fast paced environment.
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word and report writers.
- Effective communication skills for a global environment.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions utilizing all available information.