Manufacturing Development Engineer IPosted: 1 week ago
Location: Toccoa, GA
Duration: 1 Year Contract
- Drafting Exp. Required (Entry level ok)
- Ultimately the site manager is looking for candidates with reliability, process, or industrial engineering experience that understands operational excellence, OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness), and or TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) techniques.
- Manager is looking for candidate that also has OEE and TPM experience is a huge plus
- Associates or finishing Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical or Materials)
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Some manufacturing engineering experience with knowledge in lean principles and Six Sigma methodology
- Six Sigma Black belt preferred
- Ability to design manufacturing tooling, equipment, and fixtures for new and existing production parts preferred.
- Additional skills needed: experience with Autocad, Solidworks, and CNC programming preferred.
- Support continuous improvement in manufacturing processes.
- Support weekly cross functional Lean BOS and MRB meetings.
- Collect and analyze manufacturing data to improve safety, reduce costs, improve quality and increase product velocity.
- Develop new tools and processes to support the overall manufacturing strategy for the Toccoa Plant.
- Successfully facilitate the Transfer of Manufacturing Technology, Processes and Tools from Incumbent Manufacturing Sites (IMS) to Target Manufacturing Sites (TMS), Ensuring that ongoing production processes are robust and sustainable in order to meet Quality and Delivery Requirements according to Client's Internal Requirements and those of AS9100, AIAG APQP, and Customer flow down.
- Collect and analyze manufacturing data to drive continuous improvement in order to improve worker safety/ergonomics, reduce cost, increase efficiency and improve quality.
- Support weekly cross-functional Lean BOS meetings
- Modify existing routers and bills as appropriate.
- Create operator TPM process.
- Reduce setup times and lead times.
- Improve product quality.
- Conduct time studies.
- Drive EHS improvements
- Develop capital plans in order to procure new equipment and tooling or modify existing equipment.
- Implement new manufacturing processes or manage transition of manufacturing processes to support the overall manufacturing strategy for the Toccoa plant.
- Heat Treat
- Chemical Processing
- Non-destructive Testing
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Value Stream Lead Time Reductions
- Value Stream Quality DPPM
- Capital Expenditures
- Value Stream OTD/BTS
- Plant Scrap Improvements
- Nadcap Certifications