Quality Engineer IPosted: 1 week ago
Quality Engineer: This role maintains the quality control processes, systems and documentation for the plant including receiving, work in process, finished product inspection and testing procedures. Maintains the quality control aspects of manufacturing processes, including in process inspections.
- Oversee and monitor quality procedures, control plans and documentation in accordance with ISO:9001 quality standard.
- Work in close coordination with quality technician to support production by supplying supporting order documentation and to review customer orders and quotes when requested to determine quality requirements and manufacturing capability to meet them.
- Conduct root cause analysis and drive improvement efforts within the plant. Partner with supply chain to promote supplier improvements impacting overall plant quality performance.
- Lead investigations and respond to customer requests for Corrective Action Reports (CARE) on product performance. Lead investigations and respond to internal/ external quality issues. Monitor the key performance indicators and take appropriate actions to mitigate risk as needed.
- Support continuous improvement projects pertaining to key performance metrics for the plant as assigned.
- Conduct Supplier Quality Assessments (SQA) and support ongoing supplier quality maintenance by doing surveys to keep them on the approved supplier list in collaboration with Supply Chain team.
- Lead internal audit functions as required to maintain and comply with Client Quality System (EQS)
- Operate as company liaison with external quality issues such as: Government QARs, ISO auditors, customer audits and items at other locations.
- Assess the training requirements in plant operations for quality systems; design training for site and provide specialized training as needed.
- Update on various metrics report as needed by function to deliver status to leadership team.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in industrial manufacturing as a manufacturing engineer / quality control or in a production supervisory role.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without Company Sponsorship
- Degree preferably in a technical field such as Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Industrial engineering from an accredited Institution.
- Proficient in the use of MS-Excel and data analysis. (Can't check this or verify this BQ on a resume)
- Master's degree in a technical field (Mechanical engineering, Manufacturing engineering or Industrial engineering)
- 5-7 years of work experience in Quality Control in industrial job shop manufacturing including the use of ISO procedures, use of SPC in a low volume – high mix production environment.
- Skilled in the use of Minitab.
- Six Sigma certified.