Project ManagerPosted: 2 months ago
Title: Project manager
Location: New York
Duration: 12 months
Responsible for overall coordination, status reporting and stability of project oriented work efforts.
Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies for the IT community to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations.
Responsible for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers.
Coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impacts the scope, budget, risk and resources of the work effort being managed.
• 5-7 years project management experience with software development projects
• Project Management Professional certification (PMP) or equivalent experience
• Strong understanding of, and experience managing projects utilizing, both Waterfall and Agile Development methodologies
• Bachelor's Degree or higher
• Strong track record of project delivery and benefits realization
• Be able to demonstrate a proven track record managing multiple projects.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills and problem solving skills.
• Excellent presentation and meeting leader skills.
• Strong negotiation, organizational, and facilitation skills.
• Self-starter / self-motivated, capable of staying on track and pursuing solutions without supervision.
• Microsoft Project, Excel and PowerPoint experience required.
• Skilled in developing effective partnership relationships with portfolio stakeholders
• Accountable for the delivery of outcomes, strives to meet and exceed expectations.
• Has a flexible approach to change, is able to work effectively in a variety of situations, constantly seeks improvements and is forward looking
Description Exp (Mos.) Comments
Interpersonal Skills - 5 yrs
Software Development- 5 yrs
Project Management Experience - 5yrs
Planning - 5 yrs
MS Project - 5 yrs
Organizational Skills - 5 yrs
Problem Analysis & Resolution - 5yrs
Microsoft Office - 5 yrs
Excellent Written & Verbal Communication Skills
Degree Type Major/Certification Required Preferred