Treasury AccountantPosted: 1 month ago
Max pay is up to 75k plus bonus potential and benefits, that is the absolute highest amount they will pay for this role. Please remember to share with candidates that "normal” business hours are 9-6'ish, however they can be required to stay later if there is work that needs to be done. Please also share with them that when it's month end, those weeks require typically staying until around 8pm or later each night.
Job Title: Treasury Accountant
This person will be responsible for accounting and/or clerical duties of a complex nature in support of accounting functions. Responsible for assisting in the preparation of monthly balance sheet account analyses, corporate bank reconciliations and responding to any inquiries received from corporate, general and administrative departments. Also responsible for assisting of the posting of journal entries and maintaining the general ledger accounts and reports.
They will also be responsible for accounting activities related to cash entries for company bank accounts, researching the general ledger account activity and assisting in review, reconciliation and analysis of bank accounts.
Essential Job Duties:
- Respond to routine and/or non-routine inquiries; initiate telephone calls to gather or provide information.
- Coordinates accounting matters with other departments, locations and divisions to resolve reconciling items and/or technical accounting issues.
- Prepare simple to moderate income and balance sheet statements, consolidated statements and various other accounting statements and reports.
- Review reports to ensure proper classification and recording.
- Analyze financial reports and records, making studies or recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets, revenue and expenditures.
- Assists with the preparation of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
- Assists with the analysis and reconciliation of the general ledger reports. Close ledgers and generate monthly financial statements and reporting schedules.
- Obtaining revenue and assets acquisition information then reviews, consolidates and summarizes it for reporting purposes.
- Assists with budget preparation. May review budget variances.
- Coordinates accounting matters with other departments, locations and divisions.
- Prepares necessary check requests.
- Posting cash entries into Treasura
- Review Electronic Bank Statements (EBS) to ensure entries successfully posted in Treasura and to work posting exceptions
- Maintain EBS tables in Treasura
- Assist with month-end review and reconciliation of cash and clearing accounts
- Research cash entries for various divisions as needed
- Prepare journal entries to record cash activity to the general ledger
- Assist with processing daily Remote Deposit (RDS)
- Prepare daily cash status and forecast reports for multiple entities, each with multiple bank accounts
- Assist with setting up and maintaining EFT payments for divisions
- Create excel spreadsheet from Treasura to upload into Oracle GL System
- Interact with various bank service centers to obtain required information
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Assist accounting personnel on various projects as needed.
- Review cash flow and monitor cash requirements for all out-going cash including loans and payments.
- Perform general administrative functions when needed, including answering phones, typing correspondence, copying, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance
- 4 + years accounting experience required
- Detail oriented
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Oracle GL and Treasura preferred
- Effective written and oral communication
- Must be familiar with PC applications such as MS-Excel ad MS-Word.
- Experience with computerized accounting systems a plus.