L3 Network Engineer Data & Voice (Onsite Lead)Posted: 1 week ago
Job Title: L3 Network Engineer – Data & Voice
Location: Stamford, CT
Duration: Fulltime or contract
- The Network Engineer will be a senior member of Network team at onsite (Stamdford, CT).
- This person will be responsible for network operations and infrastructure services regionally and globally.
- As a part of the Network Team, the candidate's responsibilities will include day to day tickets and support, participation in on-call rotation, and documentation and as an onsite SME will interface with customer stakeholders and be the interface with customer & offshore team.
- This environment includes, but is not limited to: Cisco routers, Cisco IOS switches, Cisco Nexus line, Cisco ASA firewalls, and VOIP platforms.
- Knowledge of Routing and Switching design, configuration, implementation and support
- Understanding of routing and switching protocols including but not limited to: BGP, OSPF, HSRP, Spanning Tree.
- Excellent overall understanding of Cisco products:
- ASA Firewalls – 5500-X Series experience: configuring access rules; configuring site-to-site and remote access VPN's; troubleshooting
- Switches and Routers including Cisco Nexus 7K, 5K and 1v
- Must be proficient with network monitoring tools such as Solar Winds, experience with Open Source tools a plus
- Cloud experience is highly desirable
- Experience with network troubleshooting & resolution of very complex routing problems via protocol analyzers, etc.
- Experience in implementing and supporting new technologies and understanding of associated business implications
- Answering incoming telephone and ticket requests from customers requiring technical support for our cloud VoIP platform, internet connectivity, and related local area network issues.
- Assisting customers with firewalls, switches, and other network devices for optimal use with our cloud VoIP platform.
- Creating and/or adding to a knowledgebase by documenting issues, causes, and resulting fix.
- Programming, provisioning, and testing new customer IP Phones and Network equipment.
- Design and setup of voice Auto Attendant's, ring groups, call routing etc.
- Assisting with management of equipment RMA's.
- Assisting with management of client's production voice systems, servers, and network infrastructure.
- Assisting with various responsibilities when needed to help build, maintain, improve, and document our products and services as our business grows.
- Experience with VoIP soft-switches, session boarder controllers, and IP phones is an advantage, but not a requirement.
- Prepare documentation (procedural, planning, informational), to support systems engineering.
- Work closely with technical owners of applications to securely plan, deploy, and troubleshoot new or upgraded functions.
- Provide performance tuning, capacity planning, monitoring, disaster recovery planning, and automation for systems and applications.
- Participate in rotating on-call coverage.
- Ensure performance, reliability, and security in a dynamic 24-7-365 production data center environment.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Minimum of 8+ years' experience focused on Data Center network support, configuration and implementation
- Minimum 6+ years of core switching, routing, MPLS and FWs
- Minimum of 5+ years' experience in enterprise-level networking with knowledge in TCP/IP, Routing Protocols (OSPF and BGPv4, etc.), SMTP and SNMP.
- Exposure to Cisco UCS platform and related switching configurations
- Experience deploying and maintaining wide area networks with emphasis on IPsec, L2L VPN, and Remote Access VPN
- Networking and security architectural and engineering support experience across local, regional and global domains
- Ability to effectively execute multiple IT projects and deadlines with limited supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Independent thinking and troubleshooting.
- Enthusiasm and adaptability, able to acquire new skills and knowledge quickly.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in computer engineering, systems or related field.
- CCNP or equivalent industry &/or business networking experience desired