SAPPosted: 5 days ago
Oversee the daily monitoring and troubleshooting of SAP applications. Maintain the applications and support the business owners with their processes. Works collaboratively across the Information Technology teams to quickly resolve application issues, set up and maintain application configurations and fine-tuning, and keep applications current with the latest patches and updates. Additionally, gather business requirements for new processes, design, plan, test and implement new functionality as it relates to the specific business areas requirements.
The scope of work primarily consists of providing daily support and maintenance for SAP applications. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to
Daily Support, Operations and Maintenance
- Run and maintain SAP applications
- Application configuration, maintenance and instance validation.
- Review, assess, and resolve incoming helpdesk tickets, including root cause analysis as needed; provide technical solutions to production related application errors
- Prepare and report out on ticket status and metrics
- Works closely with technical support teams understanding Application issues and problem trends
- Works with application support team to refresh non production environment from production
- Analyzes all applications and recommend necessary upgrades and patches and perform troubleshoot on all issues
- Monitor and troubleshoot application performance, workflow problems and interface errors to identifying potential software and configuration issues in regards to SAP and third-party accounting applications.
- Open, monitor, and coordinate in a timely manner, technical assistance requests with Oracle support or 3rd party support provider, hosting provider and helpdesk ticketing system in regards to functional and technical issues that need to be resolved.
- Perform the month-end closing process of the modules
- Develop SQL queries to extract data as needed for troubleshooting purposes and issue resolution analysis.
- Confirm adherence to internal control standards
- Produce status reports and conducts status meetings and facilitates issue resolution and risk management sessions
- Develop and maintain all required documentation supporting the change request governance process.
- Ensures support readiness prior to the deployment of any change to the production environment
- Design, plan and conduct functional testing for new processes and application patches in a non-production environment prior to applying these in production.
- Perform unit testing and coordinate end user testing, test scripts, scenarios and training; fully manages the "release to production” process
- Assists with documenting technical and business processes including technical guides
- Maintain and update application setups for changing business requirements
- Manage work load and set proper expectations with business customers
- Reviews application architecture to ensure high availability and disaster recovery
- Coordinates periodic Disaster Recovery testing of critical business applications
- Identify opportunities for business process improvements.
- Collaborates with internal business partners, engineering teams, and other technology professionals
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. / B.S.) in computer science, Management Information Systems, engineering or related discipline.
- Min. 8 years of experience in IT and business/industry
- Four or more years in diverse roles and increasing responsibilities across business, IT or projects
- Travel up to 10%
- US Citizenship.
- Will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Active DoD Clearance
SAP Version: ECC 6