Operations Technician IPosted: 3 days ago
•TOP SKILL SETS:
Looking for candidate with routing and networking background and/or experience troubleshooting data networks. Familiar with accessing routers remotely and talking customers through troubleshooting over the phone in a call center environment. Able to work in a team environment. Strong written and verbal communication, with a passion for customer care.
•Previous call center experience.
•Previous trouble shooting experience.
•Some education whether it is school (trading) or certification
•Interview process: OTP (over-the-phone) first, and then have top two or three come in for in-person
•Type of position: contract-to-hire for the right person
•PLEASE NOTE: Work schedule: long term, FIRST TWO MONTHS: 11 a.m. – 8p.m. shift
o3:30 p.m. – midnight. (at least a one weekend day required, either a Saturday or a Sunday). OT is voluntary
The Operations Technician I is responsible for providing Technical Support in a Call Center environment. In addition to working on the telephone with clients and *** employees, the Operations Technician I performs Tier 1 troubleshooting of routers, switches and other telecommunications devices. Complex issues that cannot be solved within the Tier 1 team are triaged to Tier 2 and Tier 3 Engineers. The Operations Technician I tracks all repair activities in *** systems.
Education / Experience - Minimum Qualifications:
• At least two years providing Technical Support in a Call Center environment
• Associate degree at minimum.
• Previous experience supporting Routers, Switches and other telecommunications equipment in a Call Center and Repair Center environment.
• Certifications from companies such as Cisco, Adtran and Juniper are desired.
• Understanding of the OSI networking model’s physical, data link, and network layers
• A proven track record troubleshooting technical issues
• An understanding of routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF
• Experience with Cisco command line interface.
• Ability to effectively and efficiently manage and correlate multiple trouble reports.
General Work Competencies / Abilities:
• Expert level communication and customer service skills. This position works directly with clients and *** employees and partners in a repair situation.
• Proficiency with trouble ticketing applications and other *** Ordering, Inventory, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Repair systems.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced operational environment.
• Ability to answer customer calls and work issues via trouble tickets proficiently and independently.
• Ability to work all shifts in a 24 x 7 environment.
• Ability to recognize when to triage issues and Incidents to a higher tier of Technical Support.
• Ability to learn in an on-the-job training environment.
• Ability to manage repair activities in a Technical Support environment using *** systems and processes.
• Ability to collaborate with *** employees and third-party partners in a way that results in a positive repair experience for ***’s client base.