QA with Fixed IncomePosted: 6 months ago
QA with Fixed Income
Contact/Full Time / C2H
Fidessa/ Latent zero / Brokerage recruiting shops as FIX testing is a key req.
The QA lead professional we seek for our exciting new product exhibits a keen sense of end-to-end ownership of the quality of that product, organizing his/her assigned team with care, attention to detail under pressure, and respect for target delivery dates. He/she enjoys managing a small, talented team (4 Quality Engineers) but has an independent mindset to champion our Customers' experience of quality as the foremost group deliverable.
Fast-paced, quality-driven FinTech start-up seeks Software Quality Assurance leader with 10 years plus of experience in automation build-out, enhancement of UI test frameworks, and test creation and execution for applications related to Fixed Income trading. He/ she has knowledge of manual testing, but emphasis will be placed on devising and implementing a test automation approach for a fixed income trading platform and its associated UI, data feeds and analytics.
The candidate for this position has…
• Excellent oral and written communication skills – is a key.
• Leadership abilities having successfully managed teams of 4-10 QA resources
• Knowledge of SQL and noSQL databases in order to understand and work iteratively with complex data sets and models. Data will be tested for accuracy, completeness and performance;
• Understanding of FIX messaging protocol and message-driven testing;
• Understanding of Automated test framework creation and maintenance;
• Knowledge of fixed income trading, particularly Corporate Bond trading initially;
• Knowledge of test strategies that can be executed timely to accommodate an agile SDLC organized into sprints. To that end, good common sense, as well as the use of automation tools such as Selenium or Cucumber, should allow a complete and sensible set of regression tests to run efficiently within the timeframe of each agile sprint;
• Ability to drive a team to devise/ configure integration tests, to ensure the newly built modules are integrated properly with their source systems and are robust enough for accurate, speedy delivery to the downstream consumers
Other desirable experience includes:
• Knowledge of the financial markets, including trade life cycle management as well as the use of standard third-party reference data;
Knowledge of ensuring the usability of the Customer UI experience