IT Systems Engineer IIIPosted: 1 month ago
•TOP SKILL SETS:
•Voice system for the state of Texas, person MUST HAVE A BROAD GRASP and EXPERIENCE in the AVAYA platform
•Type positions: contract position
•Interview process: phone interview for first. Eventually will do in-person.
•Work schedule: Typical Mon. – Fri., 8-5 p.m., 40 hours a week, however there WILL BE OT; due to system changes and work incidents that will happen “after hours.”
Set strategic direction for systems, telecommunications, user services and vendor development efforts. Defines the direction for the organization, standards, and tests systems and hardware to ensure interoperability and validates features and functions. Configures systems to user environments. Supports acquisition and implementation of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services. Regarded as a subject matter expert and may act as a technical project leader or provide work leadership for lower level employees. Excludes those with full supervisory responsibilities.
Applies advanced engineering and principles, theories, concepts and technologies to solve unusually complex problems and issues. Leads the development, evaluation and implementation of new and innovative principles, processes and applications. Exercises considerable latitude in decision-making under limited consultative direction toward predetermined long-range targets. Analyzes complex voice and call center systems and/or customer network environment, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges and other devices. Resolves difficult interoperability problems to obtain operation across all platforms. Configures systems to user environments. Supports acquisition and implementation of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services. Regarded as subject matter expert applied research, development, and design of new products. Acts as primary consultant to leadership detailing the technical requirements and specifications necessary to obtain solutions. May act as a technical project leader or provide work leadership for lower level employees. Excludes those with full supervisory responsibilities. Requires limited direction and guidance with most tasks. Provide IP Telephony and data support for the *** CUSTOMERS’ contracts. Includes data and voice infrastructure design, installation and maintenance for new and current installations.
• Provide engineering design and configuration for systems in line with CUSTOMERS’ goals and requirements
• Lead complex projects
• Evaluate new technical requirements for compatibility with deployed system design
• Evaluate new products for compatibility and applicability to the CUSTOMERS’ enterprise
• Maintain current knowledge base regarding complex routing, switching, wireless, security and voice design and configuration for Avaya and Hosted Unified Communications
• Provide high-level technical & engineering support for voice/data/data center/wireless/security database configurations, troubleshooting, and service restoration
• Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues and make recommendations in workflow, process and system design changes
• Provide high-level off-hours support on a rotating basis with other on-site engineers
• Develop and oversee subordinate level technical methods, procedures, and assist with complex technical solution designs. Develop & document process flows.
• Monitor and analyze performance across the organization's Voice Network
• Identify capacity and performance issues for communications traffic to ensure continued, uninterrupted operation of communications systems.
• Conduct testing of disaster recovery plans as it pertains to communication equipment to detect faults, and minimize malfunctions.
• Maintain network monitoring applications, equipment and utilities as needed.
• Create and maintain network documentation and reports as required
• Act as liaison between CUSTOMERS’ and other network vendors (e.g. Cisco, Juniper & Avaya) on high-level support issues.
• Provide direct interface with other *** departments in support of the CUSTOMERS’ network
Basic Requirements (Based on Technology Specialty-One or more):
• Avaya Voice / VOIP / SIP / ANALOG
• CISCO VOIP
• Expert at Avaya CMS (Call Management System) and other call center configurations, programming, and management / CISCO Unified Contact Center Express
• Minimum 8 years experience in related voice and call center administration work.
• Strong Avaya experience
• TDM, IP-PBX, and VM/UM integration
• PRI, Digital, Analog, VOIP, IP Telephony, POE, H323, SIP (station and trunking)
• Ability to design, administer, troubleshoot, and support dial-plans and call flows/vectors
• Administer and provide break/fix support (including working with clients, vendors, and partner teams in person and over the phone) for sophisticated telephony and collaboration environments
• Engineering and supporting legacy Avaya PBX solutions (PRI, Analog, Digital)
• Engineering and supporting IP Avaya PBX solutions (VOIP, SIP (station and trunking), H323)
8-12 years current hands on experience with the following:
• Avaya Unified Communications
• Cisco Unified Communications.
• Voice work, data systems or call center and reporting knowledge
• System configuration and management, including CallManager, Unity, and Avaya switch configuration, operation, and management PCC or other call center configuration, programming, and management Isolation of network outage causes and service restorations including understanding fiber optic characteristics
• Isolation of telecom outage causes and service restorations including understanding Avaya and or Cisco voice characteristics
• Direct customer interaction communication skills
• Proficient PC skills in office applications and network connectivity configuration
• Proficient presentation skills for presentations to technical and non-technical audiences; must be able to translate technical terms and concepts to non-technical entities.
• MS, B.S. or equivalent experience in technology or business related field
• Valid Driver’s License
• Must be available 24/7 for network outages and maintenance window work.
• Strong communication (oral and written), customer service, organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Experience with project management.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Highly self motivated and directed.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.