Release Train EngineerPosted: 3 months ago
Rate Open, try to limit till $150K PA
Number of Positions- 2
Visa Independent Only
Release Train Engineer:
The Release Train Engineer's (RTE) primary purpose is to lead Agile Release Trains (ART) to success and navigate the complexity of delivering software consistently in large environments. The RTE resolves and escalates impediments, manages risk, assures value delivery, and drives program level continuous improvement. They play a critical link between multiple scrum teams; facilitating communications, opening the flow of information, and sharing important progress updates to ensure all teams involved in the ART are focused on successful delivery. The RTE is accountable for the overall coordination, execution and delivery of value through the program while ensuring alignment with company strategy, commitments and goals.
• Oversees release trains with complex scope and inter-dependencies.
• Manage and optimize the flow of value through the ART and Solution Train using various tools, such as the Program and Solution Kanbans and other information radiators
• Facilitates the coordinated preparation of release planning for the release train, including communication and coordination with stakeholders and customers during feature definition and delivery. Facilitate PI Planning readiness by fostering a Continuous Exploration process which drives the synthesis of a Vision, a Roadmap, and Backlogs, and through Pre- and Post-PI Planning meetings
• Assist tracking the execution of features and capabilities
• Facilitate periodic synchronization meetings, including the ART sync at the Program Level and the value stream sync for Solution Trains
• Manage change to the quarterly plan and the impacts of those changes
• Responsible for backlog management as well as RALLY data integrity for accurate reporting. This includes the collection of metrics.
• Provide input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks. Encourage collaboration between teams and System and Solution Architects/Engineering Work with Product and Solution Management, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment
• Coordinate major feature releases and ongoing delivery of value to customers where multiple teams, release trains are involved in development
• Resolve/report issues and manage dependencies and risks across the ART and between ART's and/or value streams.
• Drive continuous improvement through the facilitation of retrospectives quarterly, or more often as needed, to improve backlog management, release train reviews, iteration reviews, or release train coordination and higher-level function.
• Active participitation in the RTE Community of Practice helping the organization to maintain alignment, learn new techniques, and improve technical and quality practices. Work with RTE community to determine ways to help ARTs across the company improve cross train and solution group coordination and collaboration.
• Assist with economic decision-making by facilitating feature and capability estimation by teams and the roll-up to Epics, where necessary
• Understand and operate within Lean Budgets and ensure adherence to Guardrails
• Summarize program PI objectives into Solution PI Objectives (for the STE) and publish them for visibility and transparency.
• Improve the flow of value through value streams by improving and assessing the DevOps and Release on Demand competency
• Facilitate System Demos and Solution Demos Drive relentless improvement via Inspect and Adapt workshops; assess the agility level of the ART and Solution Train and help them improve Foster Communities of Practice and the use of engineering and Built-In Quality practices
Skills & Experience (minimum):
• 3 years' experience as RTE, Scrum Master, Product Owner, or Agile Project/Program Manager
• Servant leader and strong communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong technical aptitude and experience leading teams in delivering quality software
• Experience working in an Agile organization using Scrum, XP, Kanban, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), or other scaling model is preferred