Security AdministratorPosted: 5 months ago
Job Title : Security Administrator
Location: Marysville, OH
Duration: Full time or Contract
BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent work experience.
Understanding of in security subjects
Knowledge of security policies and interprets policies
Understanding of a specific security application or tool and how it works
Ability to assess security safeguards
Ability to deal with threats and intermediate level incidents
Ability to deal with intrusions at a moderate threat level
Knowledge of information security principles, including risk assessment and management, threat and vulnerability management, incident response, and identity and access management.
Technical proficiency with security-related systems and applications, especially:
Experience in developing, documenting and maintaining security procedures.
Knowledge of network infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, and associated network protocols and concepts.
Working technical knowledge of current systems' software, protocols and standards.
Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and network administration/protocols.
3 to 5 years of combined IT and security work experience with a broad range of exposure to systems analysis, applications development, database design and administration;
Daily Tasks Performed
• Deploy, manage and maintain Cylance endpoint protection, detection and response security management console.
• Deploy, manage and maintain Cylance Protect software on managed endpoints.
• Research, test, and perform Cylance Protect and Optics upgrades as needed.
• Monitor Cylance logs for unusual or suspicious activity. Interpret activity and make recommendations for resolution.
• Generate Cylance reports upon request.
• Educate end users about Cylance software as needed.
• Provide on-call Cylance support as needed.
• Cylance Security Profession (CSP) certification
• Broad Security experience and hands-on knowledge of anti-virus software, data encryption, firewalls, intruction detection systems, and other industry-standard techniques and practices.
In-depth technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems (Windows, MAC, Linux)
• Intuition and keen instincts to pre-empt attacks.
• High level of analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to conduct research into security issues and products as required.
• Strong understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
• Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
• Highly self motivated and directed.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Able to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Unique Skill Set Desired:
System administrator of Cylance endpoint protection, detection and response security management console and administrator of Cylance Protect software on managed endpoints.