Programmer Tech IIIPosted: 1 week ago
Summary of Position:
This position is accountable to design and implement CNC programs and tool layouts to automate the CNC processes in support of continuous improvement in the manufacturing processes and productivity optimization.
• Program and set up CNC machines using long hand G-Code, Mazatrol, MasterCam and other software. Provide programming support on production jobs. Expertise in CADCAM for New LVD Strippit and also Fin Power CNC Stamping Press desired.
• Identify and order tooling needed for the CNC and other Machine Shop machines as needed. Design new jigs, tools, fixtures, and special equipment for CNC applications and provide technical direction to production personnel. Redesign existing tooling, update tool drawings, and revise records, as required by changes in manufacturing processes.
• Investigate quality problems relative to machining and provide technical direction to implement corrective action on defective tooling and or improper manufacturing methods.
• Implement projects and best practices to maximize CNC Work Center efficiency using MVP Lean Principles. Supervise the process validation portion of new program roll out and communicate the process effectively with the process engineers, quality and production personnel.
• Collaborate daily with Manufacturing Engineer concerning issues with new machines.
• Perform Poke-Yoke activities for CNC Work Center processes.
• Train CNC machine set up operators on new machining technologies as needed.
Nature and Scope:
• Be assertive in negotiating and administering projects, in order to obtain the best results for the company and maximize use of resources.
• Understand and abide by a high standard of professional ethics, in order to ensure the integrity of the department and the work performed.
Experience and Training Required to Perform Job:
• 2 yr. technical degree or appropriate certificate from a college or trade school such as a Journeyman certification in a machine related field or.
• Min 5 years of experience is required with proven ability to program machines and implement machining technology changes.
• Candidates without formal schooling will be considered based on experience.