Senior Database AdministratorPosted: 2 months ago
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot relational databases based on Microsoft SQL Server for on premise and cloud-based deployments of SQL 2008 R2, 2012, 2014, 2016 and 2017.
- Migration of existing SQL databases and .NET applications to Azure and AWS cloud environments, employing IaaS and PaaS technologies as appropriate. Also includes integration with other cloud SaaS vendors, including troubleshooting for data connections, ETL processes, firewalls, etc.
- Deployment of SQL Server technologies within VMWare and Citrix-based environments.
- Implement and support security administration (Password management, encryption, user access & SOX/PCI compliant access/permissions) for the database environment.
- Perform database object administration, change control, patching, and space management in the database environment.
- Develop and support comprehensive disaster recovery planning for all database deployments, including high-availability technologies (clustering, mirroring, replication), backups, restores, and off-site storage/cloud backups.
- Assist with setup/maintenance of DevOps CI/CD pipelines for .NET deployments on-premise and in Azure.
- Refresh test environments on a periodic basis to assist business analysts with UAT testing and application troubleshooting.
- Work with the BI team to build and execute ETL extracts.
- Administration of SharePoint lists, libraries, and permissions
- Maintain comprehensive documentation for database support, including operations manuals, procedures, configurations, and problem resolution.
- Conduct software audits of the database products for compliance with established standards, policies, configuration guidelines, and procedures.
- Monitor and administer database performance & metrics, including storage, memory, CPU, indexing, virtualization, and network activity.
- Escalate problems to appropriate management or team resources in a timely fashion.
- Develop techniques and implement resolution of problems based on root cause analysis.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.