Temp | Technical | Business Analyst III | Level 3(USD)Posted: 1 week ago
Top Skill Sets:
-Two to four years of proven experience in analyzing data in the financial services sector, or related industry (tuning and optimizing AML monitoring systems and scenarios is a plus).
- Ability to retrieve, analyze, and interpret data, providing clear and concise analysis/recommendations to senior stakeholders.
- Experience querying databases with SQL.
- Assist the Risk Assessment Coordinator in all phases of the risk assessment process, including planning, data gathering, analysis, and reporting
- Aid in the enhancement of the existing risk assessment framework and reporting process, including through updates to the assessment methodology and by identifying additional quantitative risk data points for use in evaluating the Firm's inherent risks and control strength
- Coordinate and support projects related to the risk assessment process, such as engaging with internal groups to source additional data for use in the risk assessment and conducting benchmarking exercises with peer firms
- Support the process for updating the Firm's assessment of country risk
- Assist in the preparation of periodic and ad hoc metrics reports for regulators, senior compliance management, including through the evaluation and enhancement of existing metrics and supporting processes
- Coordinate with other compliance and risk areas in connection with their risk assessment processes
- Such additional responsibilities as may be identified
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in related field (e.g., Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science); a Master's degree in a related field is desirable;
- Two to four years of proven experience in analyzing data in the financial services sector, or related industry (tuning and optimizing AML monitoring systems and scenarios is a plus);
- Ability to retrieve, analyze, and interpret data, providing clear and concise analysis/recommendations to senior stakeholders;
- Experience querying databases with SQL;
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau, Cognos, Microstrategy;
- Some experience with statistical software packages and programming languages including Python, Scala, SAS, R, and/or SPSS;
- Ability to apply context and judgment to findings, ideally in relation to financial crime risk;
- Ability to perform qualitative analyses across a range of diverse sources of varying reliability;
- Experience creating presentations and other deliverables for senior stakeholders;
- An understanding of financial markets and banking data types;
- An understanding of database concepts (primary keys, entity relationships, indexes, etc.);
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, attention to detail and strong time management skills;
- Strong analytical thinking and critical reasoning skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with colleagues across regions and Business Units;
- The ability to effectively handle a fast paced environment and successfully meet established deadline requirements;
- Be self-motivated and must have the ability to work independently.