Systems Engineer IVPosted: 2 months ago
Notes from the Hiring Manager 03/18/2019
Looking for deployment of applications end to end.
Full stack Engineer. Cloud based, redhat openshift. Liasion between rapid solutions within markets. Developing a product from inception to delivery. Automated testing and deployments. Cloud integration, API, Cloud security, Cloud architecture. Both US citizens/GC holders are both okay.
Responsible for the planning and engineering of an organization's systems infrastructure.
Includes the implementation and design of hardware and software.
Monitors the performance of systems.
Typically requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and 6-8 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Familiar with concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
Works under general supervision.
Leads and directs the work of others.
A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
Full Stack Engineer -
Client is looking for a Full Stack Engineer with extensive technical breadth of experience in JPasS and cloud technologies. This will be a key position leading the development teams in the cloud strategy integration and execution for the Markets Business Technology organization in partnership with System IT.
In this role, you will use your technological expertise to integrate highly scalable, flexible, and resilient cloud solutions that address customer needs while reflecting cloud principles and best practices. As a trusted advocate, you will help shape cloud strategies, and support with sizing, scope, and direction for new engagements. You will be a major contributor to innovation and help anchor Proof of Concept activities, and guide technological direction for the cloud.
The primary focus of this role will be to participate as a part of our dynamic and customer-focused team, developing an integration strategy for a Markets Business Technology Rapid Solutions Team based web applications in the cloud. The position will focus on effective use of leading edge technologies creating a foundation for resilient and effective environments.
- Engage with architects, developers and technical support teams to achieve success in deployment of Cloud application services within a managed service environment.
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of systems, and determine priority of needs.
- Collaborate with performing teams to deliver new capabilities in business applications and/or remediate issues.
- Analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, and logical processes
- Analyze and translate business, information and technical requirements to create patterns for solutions that integrate across applications, systems and platforms to achieve business objectives.
- Assess foundational services, integration services, cloud operations and management capabilities.
- Champion, communicate and rationalize approaches with business leaders, organization management and within teams to develop structured outcome of proof of fit/proof of concept.
- Establish the direction for application development approaches, including tools, process and frameworks.
- Support preparation of documentation including application designs, Assessments, Security Management, Implementation Plans and post implementation documentation.
- Lead by example, demonstrating high performance in the areas of customer satisfaction, collaboration, teamwork, and reliability.
- Participate in the establishment of local standards, patterns, and practices for cloud integration, while providing input and influence to broader organizational standards and initiatives.
- Spearhead use of innovative new technology and best practices for new product and solution development initiatives.
- Participate in IT strategy development, including environmental analysis, opportunity identification, business cases, business innovation, and portfolio development.
- Master's Degree.
- AWS Certification (Certified Developer or Solutions Architect)
- 6+ years software development experience.
- 2+ years of experience in Agile.
- 2+ years of experience in deploying Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform solutions.
- 2+ years of experience in deploying cloud-based solutions.
- 2+ years of experience in deploying hybrid cloud-based solutions.
Minimum eight years of broad technical experience in one or more phases of information technology and management information systems. Experience to include managing highly complex IT efforts and / or operations.
Eight years of information technology experience directly related to software design and development, of which 2+ years focused on cloud architecture, design, and implementation.
Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, leadership, interpersonal, collaborative/relationship-building, organizational & planning, and analytical & problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience being part of a high velocity DevOps team
- Practical articulation of IaC - thorough knowledge and practical experience implementing container management concepts and practices using OCP, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Innate experience with and application of Agile principles
Highly proficient in Java Fullstack Engineering, development and Cloud technology platforms:
- Cloud Strategy: Business case development, Application assessment and migration planning, Cloud operating model design.
- Cloud Security: Shared Security Model, Cloud Security Architecture, IAM policies/roles, WAF, OWASP Web/API, SAML, vulnerabilities and compensating controls (CSP, CSRF, XSS, SQLI) etc.
- Cloud-native Services: Optimization of applications to scalable cloud designs, designing, arch and integration of applications to modern cloud patterns.
- (Docker) and container orchestration (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes), Infrastructure as Code
- Cloud-native monitoring, logging - ELK, Splunk, CloudWatch, amongst others.
- Application Integration Services – RestAPI, API gateway ex. MuleSoft
Well-versed in Agile software development practices & ability to contribute to sprint ceremonies such as, Refinement, Planning, Review, Retrospectives.
Well-versed in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) practices, automated testing, Automated code quality scanning, and Automated Deployments. ex Deploy XL , Deploy Release, Subversion, Jenkins, Jira, Remedy
Demonstrated experience in mentorship and serving as technical subject matter expert (SME) for a development team.
Experience in the Finance industry or experience developing solutions involving financial products is a plus.
Must be a U.S. citizen.