Account ManagerPosted: 4 weeks ago
currently seeking candidates for our open Account Manager (AM) position. AMs will have strong project management skills, attention to detail, outstanding oral / written communication skills, and will thrive within a fast-paced and, at times, demanding environment. Account Managers are responsible for delivering top quality services and support for our clients will therefore have a direct impact on the success of our company. This position will report to the Director of Account Management and will interact directly with sophisticated microsecond sensitive trading clients and prospects in the industry in addition to internal engineering and development staff.
Responsibilities and duties (include but are not limited to):
* Act as the primary point of contact for all client requests, administrative and technical matters, and new business inquiries in a pre-defined set of accounts.
* Develop overall knowledge of assigned accounts including products sold, asset classes traded, clients, and business issues; proactively and regularly communicate account status to senior management.
* Research assigned new leads and qualify opportunities via telephone and email.
* Proactively leverage and keep team tools and repositories (e.g. SalesForce.com, Confluence) up to date to aid in account planning, opportunity development, and forecasting.
* Ensure the confidentiality of proprietary company information and work with prospects to execute non-disclosure agreements (NDAs).
* Gather high-level requirements from client/prospect and confidently tell the Pico 'story' with a high-level overview of our products, services, and value proposition.
* Partner with sales engineering to define mid- and low-level technical requirements for the proposed solution.
* Build proposals, price, and deliver a curated value proposition to client/prospect.
* Develop and maintain a high-level understanding of competitive providers.
* Share client feedback on product, service, and pricing with respective internal team members.
* Interact with various stakeholders on the client side at all levels from junior resources up to C-level; identify decision makers; build and maintain client relationships.
* Work with sales management and legal to negotiate commercial terms in Master Services Agreements and Service Orders.
* Win business with the overall goal of maintaining and growing monthly recurring revenue in your account base relative to established sales targets.
* Work closely with and engage various internal teams throughout the sales and delivery cycle including sales, sales engineering, sales operations, finance, legal, service delivery, and service operations in order to provide clients with quick, efficient, and accurate responses and solutions.
* Participate in regular team forums, meetings, and training sessions.
Education, Skills, and Background (including Experience Requirements):
* Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) from a 4-year university
* 3+ years work-related experience in financial technology and/or client service
* Practical experience with sales, account management, financial markets and/or the securities industry including client interactions via telephone and face-to-face meetings
* Experience with Salesfore.com (or other CRM), JIRA, and Confluence
* Professional working manner
* Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
* Ability to prioritize, multitask, and take direction
* Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and strong PowerPoint and Excel skills critical
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills
* Demonstrated ability to take initiative and interact with all levels of management
* Self-starter, team player, energetic, enthusiastic and organized
* Emphasizes on attention to detail & comfortable acting as a de facto project coordinator who will advocate for both the company and client
* Driven and proactive, comfortable escalating issues in context of possible solutions
* Legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer