Delivery Lead - Datacenter OperationsPosted: 2 months ago
A hands-on, solutions-oriented, can-do approach is vital to this dynamic and key position within the overall Service Delivery team. The role holder will be expected to control and deliver datacenter operations BAU work, and major enhancement/remediation of the overall Americas infrastructure. The Lead will manage large, strategic, and complex data integration projects on behalf of our customer.
- Ticket management and resource utilization:Extensive usage of our internal systems and processes to assign deliverables, detail work assignments, update clients/teams and define ETA:
- In charge of the daily activity triage and regulation of the Data Center operation team
- Manage & monitor the ticket life cycle from creation to completion/rejection
- Optimize the day to day workload based on location and type of work
- Evaluate the utilization rate of the team between time spend at the Data Center compare to travel
- Define enhancement logics/rules on the ticket workflow
- Track and document all projects from the ticket content
- Extract priorities and detect outstanding items based on KPI
- Track document inventory verification/counts and rack elevation as part of the ticket completion
- Join and represent the team during the change management meeting approval. Pre-review each change from the ticketing system level.
- Project and meeting management: Participate to clients and/or Pico meetings and clearly and concisely document project requirements/decisions/action items and deadlines. This includes:
- Project change requests - responsible for identifying, documenting and tracking delivery of the request. Define in relation with internal and external teams priority and impact to the underlying project.
- Project communication - Schedule calls, meeting minutes with clients and internal teams responsible for various aspects of projects (delivery, procurement…)
- Project planning - Plan with Engineering teams (Network, Systems, Data Centre and Implementation) the deployment step by step. Including documentation, project plans…
- Project decision maker - Lead the team(s) to prioritize approved project work based on analysis of strategic importance, tasks outstanding, obstacles or barriers, resources and deadlines.
- Other tasks and responsibilities: Ticket management ownership:
- Help Security administer access to internal and external customers
- Work on continuous processes / procedural improvement
- Translate complicated concepts into clear documentation for a general audience
- Drive improvements, standardisation and automation
BA/BS degree required.
10+ years of combined experience in Data Centre, Colocation, or Telecommunications related field 3+ years of combined experience as a technical operator, technical project manager, and/or team lead.
- Experience with work management based on multiple CRM tools
- Knowledge of Telecom structured cabling standards.
- In depth knowledge of Network device / server deployment.
- In depth knowledge of DCO standards and operations.
- In depth knowledge of DC power (e.g. PDU, etc.)
- Familiarity with ITIL foundations