Project ManagerPosted: 2 months ago
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: New York City, NY
Duration: 6-8 months role
The Project Manager is a member of the Program Services Office (PSO) Project Delivery Team and will Project Manage information technology projects across the University. This role will focus on technology solution delivery projects, including network infrastructure implementations/upgrades in NYC campus and global locations, enterprise systems build-out/integration, Data Center Services, Information Security solutions, etc... The Project Manager will serve as an influential leader by demonstrating PM professionalism, passion, providing communication/motivation and creating teamwork and collaboration. The Project Manager will also work closely with the technical managers in different functional areas to document, communicate and manage the resolution of project related technical issues.
Essential Job Functions:
• Manage all aspects of technology project management and project lifecycles by effectively initiating, planning, executing and controlling multiple high profile, high priority projects at the same time.
• Manage the annual planning process for their clients to assist in the creation of roadmaps, resources and budgets
• Create and maintain project schedules. Identify and monitor overall project timeline, project milestones, tasks, resources, task dependencies, and critical paths.
• Collaborate with different IT departments to ensure proper resource alignment and successful project delivery.
• Manage issues and risk prevention/mitigation by anticipating and identifying risks and issues that may impact timeline, deliverables and service quality. Develop, communicate and implement mitigation plan and corrective action(s).
• Conduct regular team status meetings and stakeholders meetings. Communicate with different levels of the IT staff and leadership teams by providing program/project status and executive reports.
• Preparation/coordination of business cases to support our clients requests for funding
• 7+ years' experience in overall project management, program management and/or consulting experience
• 5+ years project management experience in Application Development and/or Datacenter Migration and/or Network infrastructure upgrade/integration preferred
• Project management experience in Cloud migration preferred
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
• Proficient with Project Management tools (Workfront/@task)
• Ability to adopt project management best practices and help improve the processes
• Ability to build relationships with and influence other functional areas
• Ability to step into projects already in progress
• Ability to define and manage business and technical requirements
• Agile certification a plus
• Excellent organization and time management skills: Operates independently with minimal guidance by management; adapt to changes.
• Problem-solving skills with ability to perform root cause analysis
• Extensive experience in meeting planning, facilitation and documentation. Ability to communicate with and present to senior management/executives.
• Detail and big picture orientation
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred
• Experience with PM tools such as @Task or Workfront a plus
• Someone who started as a Business Analyst is a plus, or someone who started in Change Management (Business Transformation Change)
• Bachelor's degree required. Major in Computer Science/Information System preferred.