Software Asset Management (SAM) ManagerPosted: 2 months ago
- Provide analysis, reporting, support, and consultation to the SAM Program Manager and SAM Team.
- This role will encompass all processes associated with the entire lifecycle of software license management throughout our corporate data centers. Strategic knowledge includes such practices as IT Procurement, IT Finance, software compliance, contract negotiations, license administration, and systems configurations with regards to software licensing, vendor management, and management of licensing from initial purchase to proper disposal/ retirement.
- This role will include maintaining an awareness and understanding of relevant SAM industry trends, best practices and regulations, including their potential impact, and formulate appropriate methodologies and strategies that benefit the organization.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in supporting and/or managing large-scale technology or SAM or ITAM-based projects.
- Strong technical background with the ability to speak to the complexity of licensing metrics, and translate vital information in the form of intelligent data entry captured in various SAM tools.
- Flexibility in managing shifting priorities, changes in strategic direction, and competing demands, while balancing internal customer needs and team requirements.
- This role requires a self-motivated, innovative thinker with strong problem solving, interpersonal, and team building skills; with an ability to work with diverse stakeholders.
- Outstanding project management, leadership, planning, and organizational skills, including ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Possessing the ability to approach problems flexibly and respectively, drive what matters, demonstrate integrity and knowing when to seek expertise and experience of your peers and management.
- This scope of this position will include such practices as software compliance assurance, contract negotiations/ management, software purchasing, financial management, software licensing, vendor management, and the administration of the licensing lifecycle for systems from acquisition to disposition.
- You will work closely with the SAM Program Manager to define, maintain, and improve processes and procedures core to SAM best practices, including effective lifecycle management of all specified software assets. This role requires a solid understanding of Software Asset Management tools and methodologies to maintain the accuracy and automation of reporting and asset tracking to ensure the currency of data within the tool and/or all associated records.
- Additional essential activities include generating Purchase Requisitions software requests and annual maintenance/support renewals and assisting in annual budgetary validations and trending.
Education BS degree or equivalent experience