Server EngineerPosted: 2 weeks ago
- Provide day to day administration to support the hardware and operating system for the platforms, tools and protocols listed above.
- Provide 7x24 rotating on-call support. Resolve all production issues either reported or identified by automated monitoring systems.
- Virtual Server provisioning as required.
- Automation development and support.
- Perform hardware repairs for servers not under vendor support. For example, perform drive, battery, network or storage HBA card replacements.
- Order and maintain a supply of spare parts.
- Vendor coordination for issues on systems under vendor support.
- Implement vulnerability and operating system patches to insure compliance and system integrity.
- Work with applications and other infrastructure teams to troubleshoot complex problems that impact our customer's ability to perform required business functions.
- Utilize industry standard technologies to insure the integrity and recoverability of servers such as backups, performance monitoring, etc.
- Support backup and recovery processes.
- Investigate and apply system configuration changes as needed to support security standards (sever hardening).
- Minimum 5 years supporting platforms, protocols and processes listed above in large enterprise environments.
- Demonstrated ability to apply problem analysis and resolution techniques to complex system problems.
- Scripting experience scripting strongly preferred: (Bash, Shell, Perl, Python, Power Shell).
- Citrix experience preferred.'