MRP / BuyerPosted: 3 weeks ago
Job Description - Buyer
Responsible for managing raw material, manufacturing consumables, finished components, equipment and any other buy item. Performs cost analysis and volume planning for major commodities. Processes and maintains purchase orders with up-to-date information and resolves issues with suppliers. Reviews, interprets, negotiates and administers purchase orders and subcontracts, on terms favorable considering best value, delivery and price as well as the administration of those subcontracts. May recommend cost saving proposals including make-versus-buy analysis, alternative sourcing and vendor evaluation criteria
Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary interface with the company's supplier base. Responsible for their suppliers' performance.
- Solicits and reviews proposals/quotations from vendors to support business needs.
- Corresponds with suppliers for quotations and follows up on purchase orders to ensure on time delivery.
- Interfaces with suppliers on terms, price negotiations, supplier performance evaluations, secondary sourcing as needed.
- Works with Materials and Production Planning to launch initiatives to reduce inventory levels and increase inventory turns.
- Reviews raw material levels weekly to ensure target levels are achieved and reports on changes.
- Creates process improvement by establishing visual Kanban systems.
- Maintains part masters in ERP System to accurately reflect lead time and price of subcontract and purchased parts.
- Coordinates with shipping department for local supplier drop off/pick up.
- Maintains approved supplier documents.
- Works with NPI and Engineering to source new vendor's material for new products.
- Constantly seek cost reductions in the supply base as well as eliminating waste internally.
- Track and report key metrics.
- Associates Degree or equivalent years of related work experience
- Knowledge & functionality in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Extract data from SAP and working knowledge of Excel vlookup, pivot tables and formulas
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be willing to work closely with Engineering, Quality Assurance, Program Management and Contracts
- Possess innovative thinking skills with a high degree of motivation
- Demonstrated experience in multitasking, attention to detail, and organizational skills