Sr. Tax ProfessionalPosted: 2 weeks ago
- Lead tax planning initiatives while ensuring we remain compliant with enacted and pending legislation which can impact the Company's tax footprint
- Assist tax function in compliance & tax matters for domestic and foreign filings in US.
- Review interim and year-end state and local provision, in accordance with ASC 740
- Actively involved and experience in strategic planning and tax optimization projects.
- Efficiently review all tax roll-forwards and reconciliations of all tax accounts. Manage reconciliation processes with books.
- In depth knowledge and experience in One Source tax provision platform and its usage and reporting.
- Review of apportionment details supporting state returns and planning initiatives
- Lead in review of indirect tax compliances managed through shared services.
- Lead tax compliance processes to review the information necessary to file quarterly federal, state, city estimated tax payments, and yearly extensions.
- Analyze and review the work papers for the Book and Tax basis information for FASB 109.
- Experience in translation of tax compliance impacts to accounting teams.
- Provides guidance and leadership to tax department staff and outside consultants while employing strong project management skills
- Schedule and monitor the tax calendar in order to implement and ensure timely fax filings.
- Ascertain information and interface with IRS state and city tax personnel to resolve current tax filing issues and questions, including audits.
- Participation in tax due diligence & integrations
- Actively lead and/or support tax incentive, automation, building policies and processes to strengthen tax function.
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned.
- Excellence in communication with leadership and team leader working with direct and indirect teams in global environment.
- Serves as a consultant to Finance and other Business Partners by providing tax information and advice
- Responsible for adherence to policies that create a strong internal control environment.
- Ability to work independently and in groups to complete time-sensitive projects within internal and external deadlines.
- Demonstrated strong relationship-building skills and the ability to work with people at all levels in the organization
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in accounting, related field or equivalent experience, CPA designation or Master's degree in accounting/tax or tax preferred.
- Minimum of 12-15 years of proven and progressive Domestic & International Tax experience in an accounting firm and/or Corporate Tax Dept. Prior Experience in Big 4 an advantage
- Highly experienced in OneSource (Tax Platform)
- Advanced proficient in IT Skills incl. Macros etc.
- Knowledge of Oracle Financial Reporting and accounting a plus.