Project ManagerPosted: 2 weeks ago
Project Manager/Service Delivery for Layer 3 Service: NYC work location
Reporting to: Manager Project Management Service Delivery
Preferred applicant will be a telecommunications professional with extensive knowledge of managed layer services industry. Working understanding of the phases and process to the delivery of an end to end managed IP solution is a must. These phases include all post sales delivery items Carrier Provisioning, Hardware and facilities ordering and processing, IP (layer 3) options and delivery, Client interaction and coordination, testing and turn-up of services and facilities.
Typical Qualifications: Education/Experience:
1. A minimum of 5 years IP Service Provider Delivery (or similar)
2. Practical working knowledge of and experience with provisioning and implementing Layer 2 and Layer 3 services.
3. Practical knowledge of Layer 3 devices used for implementation of Layer 3 Services.
4. Working understanding of a managed network and the service delivery concepts in processing delivery of said services to a Customer.
5. Knowledge of technologies such as L2 VPN, and MPLS (A PLUS)
6. Understanding the concepts of routing protocols and delivery methodology such as Unicast/Multicast and BGP, EIGRP, OSPF. (A PLUS)
1. Understanding of basic networking concepts, systems, and carrier delivery.
2. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
3. High level awareness of network and customer information security
4. Ability to coordinate, organize, and prioritize multiple tasks
5. Excellent written and oral communication skills
6. Outstanding customer service skills
Specific Job Tasks:
a. Manages orders raised by IPC Account/Sales Engineering group for Layer 2 and Layer 3.
b. Participates in technical design during pre-implementation related to Layer 3 Services
c. Provides status of in progress orders.
d. Manages installation of equipment at customer sites and subsequent configuration.
e. Submits the Completion Handover to Client (as required) and internal teams as required..
f. Manages testing and hand over to Client and to IPC GSOC and Operational Teams for ongoing support.
g. Coordinates support/resources required for network connectivity/application testing after Carrier provisioning has been completed.