Modem/Protocol Engineer, AdvancedPosted: 1 week ago
Analyzes, develops, and designs software for the organization's products and systems, with focus on cellular sub-systems. Performs system integration and support of cellular software components, Modem, RIL, Telephony, framework and UI. Technical knowledge of wireless technologies and protocols such as GSM, CDMA, HSPA, LTE Works under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range targets. Determines and pursues courses of action essential in obtaining desired outcomes.
- Architects, designs, and supports developing, and testing of WWAN solutions to several highly-complex technical projects.
- Decompose cellular function requirements to appropriate software components, developing software requirements specifications, design specifications and test plans.
- Design and develop software components for Android Mobile computers. (Android Framework, applications services & drivers in Java, C, C++)
- Prioritizes quality and seeks out improvements in all aspects of the software projects.
- Maintains keen awareness of competitor products and development direction to help direct designs to surpass the competition.
- Uses status as a developer of Client and creative solutions to build business and bring positive attention to technologies and services.
- With other engineering disciplines, develops next generation ideas and solutions to meet client needs before the competition.
- Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Recommend project approach and goals.
- May supervise the activities of others.
- Acts as prime consultant on large projects that affect the organization's long-term goals and objectives.
- Experience with WWAN test equipment such as network simulators and call boxes
- Perform testing of the Wireless Wide Area Network subsystem (both live and Network simulators)
- Support Certification and Carrier certification, ability to troubleshoot/debug issues and track them in database and communicate with various teams and labs
- Experience in dealing with JDMs, 3rd party test houses and have good people and collaboration skills
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate engineering discipline required.
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of engineering work experience or Master's degree and 3+ years of engineering work experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with a chip set provider is required.
- Demonstrate experience working with Android OS, Java, C, C++ and cellular & network technology.
- Demonstrate experience working with wireless technologies and protocols such as GSM, CDMA, HSPA, LTE.
- Working experience with software development process experience (Agile, SCRUM).
- Proven experience in working with different technology teams and good execution skills.