Senior Financial Analyst IIPosted: 1 week ago
- This position will to the GM of the Crouse-Hinds Airport Lighting Products, working with financial personnel at various locations.
- The candidate will be required to complete a variety of accounting functions with a primary focus on reporting the businesses financial results and position accurately and timely.
- Additionally, the position requires management of the capital authorization and expenditure process, accounts payable and receivable oversight, Business forecasting, reporting and variance analysis, as well as cost accounting.
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP, an understanding of international business, and use of SAP, Hyperion/HFM, and Encore are requirements.
- The position requires a high level of detailed analysis in a complex organization, and the ability to be highly responsive and accurate.
- It also requires an individual who can work with minimal direction, is proactive and self-motivated and able to communicate openly and effectively with all levels of individuals within the company.
- This position will interact with a wide range of people across Client and requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex issues clearly, and to communicate with people in all parts of the world.
- The individual will be required to work independently and use judgment in how to handle daily issues and questions from other members of the team.
- Identify and resolve financial accounting issues. This includes the ability to assess when an issue should be raised to the Controller. In addition, a continuous focus on process improvement is expected.
- Help to ensure the accurate and timely consolidation and reporting of financial results and position each month end.
- Prepare, review and analyze financial forecasts and operating budgets.
- Monitor fixed asset accounting and Capital Expenditure process. Present real-time analysis and summaries directly to Senior Management within ALP.
- Manage Product Costing for new and legacy products. Ensure accuracy, consistency, and timeliness of process.
- Implement and monitor controls, process improvement, and procedure development and enforcement on an ongoing basis, in conjunction with the Controller.
- Prepare Monthly Balance Sheet account reconciliation to be reviewed by BU Controller
- Monitor and work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve AR and AP credit issues impacting operations
- Prepare assigned monthly journal entries, and special entries as required by the BU Controller.
- Prepare and Publish Daily, weekly and monthly financial reporting for internal and divisional requirements on time and accurately.
- Recommend and implement enhanced methodologies and procedures to improve financial reporting and management processes
- Complete ad hoc accounting assignments as requested, often complex and confidential in nature.
- Support additional finance workload and responsibilities as a result of business transition project.